Main Menu

CAP Weebles?

Started by flipper, April 14, 2007, 03:11:09 AM

flipper

Where do you get those little CAP Weeble guys at the bottom of some of the messages?

You know what I am talking about? The little round...avatar I think you call them...

JC004

Quote from: flipper on April 14, 2007, 03:11:09 AM
Where do you get those little CAP Weeble guys at the bottom of some of the messages?

You know what I am talking about? The little round...avatar I think you call them...

They came from the great and wonderful Tedda when there was CivilAirPortal.com.  He made them for a bunch o' members.

Some folks steal them and modify them.  Some folks steal them outright.  ::shakes fist::

flipper

Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 03:18:24 AM

They came from the great and wonderful Tedda when there was CivilAirPortal.com.  He made them for a bunch o\' members.

Some folks steal them and modify them.  Some folks steal them outright.  ::shakes fist::

Well, I think they are just cool as anything - and look like a lot of work too to get all those little ribbon racks done! :)

JC004

Quote from: flipper on April 14, 2007, 03:22:21 AM

They came from the great and wonderful Tedda when there was CivilAirPortal.com.  He made them for a bunch o\' members.

Well, I think they are just cool as anything - and look like a lot of work too to get all those little ribbon racks done! :)

He is Master rated in Photoshop.  Mad skill.  I'll post the ones that I've collected soon.

Pylon

Tedda, who is indeed Master rated in Photoshop Affairs, creates these nifty custom avatars.  Once referred to as "Portal People" when CivilAirPortal's doors were open, Tedd now referrs to them as "peeps"

There are several different peeps showcased here, but as was already said, most of the peeps/avatars/portal-people were created custom for one particular person's use.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

I'm missing some of the non-CAP-uniform ones.  Others available at aforementioned link, but here's a view of most of the CAP/USAF uniforms at once.

floridacyclist

Who's stealing and modifying anything?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

JC004

Quote from: floridacyclist on April 14, 2007, 06:19:05 AM
Who's stealing and modifying anything?

Dunno...if you see one, lemme know, ok?   :o

Stonewall

This one is me by the way...

Serving since 1987.

Chaplaindon

Not being "master rated in Photoshop," how does one modify them?

There's one I like, but it needs a chaplain's badge on the BDU along with wings.

Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

flipper

Quote from: Stonewall on April 14, 2007, 11:08:43 AM
This one is me by the way...

Let me see if I can guess that one... Security Police, Tech Sgt? (or could me the more current Security Forces)

I don\'t remember when they un split the field, but when I was in - they had been Security and Law Enforcement...

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Cmdbuddy

Can anyone guess which one is me?
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

LtCol White

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on April 14, 2007, 04:22:20 PM
Can anyone guess which one is me?

The one with the pineapple head??

::)
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Becks

Mine was modified from someone elses, I simply made the 1Lt stripes into TFO :)

BBATW

acarlson

Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 03:23:42 AM
... Master rated in Photoshop. 

WOW  where can I get the Photoshop Specialty Track Study Guide????  :o
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

JC004

Quote from: acarlson on April 14, 2007, 06:34:07 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 03:23:42 AM
... Master rated in Photoshop. 

It's in committee, where all good things go to die.

BillB

Which one is Cmdbuddy she asks?  Lets see is it the one with C/Col and the hair on the collar?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JC004

Quote from: BillB on April 14, 2007, 07:09:00 PM
Which one is Cmdbuddy.  Lets see is it the one with C/Col and the hair on the collar?

:D  I wasn't gonna go there.

Cmdbuddy

Which one is Cmdbuddy she asks?  Lets see is it the one with C/Col and the hair on the collar?

At least my weeble knows how to read the manual unlike you  ;D

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Will not extend in length on all sides below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck.

Cannot touch the bottom of the collar... My weeble is clearly within the regulations :D

JC004

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on April 14, 2007, 07:26:51 PM

Quote from: CAPM 39-1Will not extend in length on all sides below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck.

Cannot touch the bottom of the collar... My weeble is clearly within the regulations :D

Well given the lack of a neck, it is clearly possible for it to be in violation.   :angel:

shorning

Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 07:28:50 PM
Quote from: Cmdbuddy on April 14, 2007, 07:26:51 PM

Well given the lack of a neck, it is clearly possible for it to be in violation.   :angel:

shorning

I wonder who this one is.

Personally, this one is my favorite:

JC004

Quote from: shorning on April 14, 2007, 07:44:29 PM

I wonder who this one is.

Personally, this one is my favorite:

You should put the second one back in your signature line.

BillB

If a line is invisible, how can you see it? And which version of 39-1 are you looking at this weeks or last weeks versions? If you are looking at last months, it's been changed by three revision/supplimental letters from National
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JC004

Quote from: BillB on April 14, 2007, 08:07:11 PM
If a line is invisible, how can you see it? And which version of 39-1 are you looking at this weeks or last weeks versions? If you are looking at last months, it's been changed by three revision/supplimental letters from National

The 39-1 from this week shows this as the line:

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 09:43:17 PM

Your line isn't invisible, sir.   ;D

shorning

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on April 14, 2007, 11:36:11 PM

Shhh...we aren't telling him.  He thinks he is invisible too.  Hey, where's James?  Anyone seen James? 

;)

JC004

Quote from: shorning on April 15, 2007, 12:01:34 AM
Quote from: Cmdbuddy on April 14, 2007, 11:36:11 PM

Shhh...we aren't telling him.  He thinks he is invisible too.  Hey, where's James?  Anyone seen James? 

;)

The line IS invisible, but due to the superpowers you have related to your Spaatz, you can see it.  The other people here can't.  They may THINK that they can, but they can't.  I can see it because I am invisible.

Finally...someone who believes that I am indeed invisible.

fyrfitrmedic

Lots of people believe in invisibility; considerable consumption of alcohol is a common prerequisite.

Remember, dosage titration is important  ;D
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on April 15, 2007, 02:03:07 AM
Lots of people believe in invisibility; considerable consumption of alcohol is a common prerequisite.

Remember, dosage titration is important  ;D

I had ONE pint, I swear.  One. 

flipper

Well, when I get the time, I think I might try and edit one of these little guys to see if I can make decent use of PhotoShop too...

Can\'t be a bad skill to get good at, can it.

JC004

Quote from: flipper on April 15, 2007, 05:47:21 AM
Well, when I get the time, I think I might try and edit one of these little guys to see if I can make decent use of PhotoShop too...

Adobe (formerly Macromedia) Fireworks is a decent basic image editing tool to start with.  They have a 30-day trial available on the Adobe web site.  It is a little less intimidating than Photoshop, although less capable in various ways. 

SarDragon

Can any of you newer folks guess which is mine? Quiet, Christie and Horning!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Slim

Quote from: SarDragon on April 15, 2007, 07:07:36 AM
Can any of you newer folks guess which is mine? Quiet, Christie and Horning!

I know, I know!

But I don't think I count as "Newer", do I??

Slim

pixelwonk

Quote from: flipper on April 15, 2007, 05:47:21 AM

Is that how you steal your video ideas too, Hayden?

flyerthom

"I had ONE pint, I swear.  One.  "

It was a really BIG one...
TC

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on April 15, 2007, 05:40:49 PM
"I had ONE pint, I swear.  One.  "

It was a really BIG one...

An American one.  The big ones are Imperial pints.   :P   (I wonder if pints are bigger in Texas?)

Plus, I've always been invisible. 

TJ

Let\'s all place nice - ok Tedda?

This thread is very cute and really doesn\'t deserved to be locked.

JC004

Quote from: TJ on April 15, 2007, 06:12:19 PM

But there's no telling what kind of trouble there could be with all these weebles wandering around.

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: TJ on April 15, 2007, 06:12:19 PM

He has a right to not "play nice"... it is, after all, his work that he's gonna take.

Although I would be interested to see what kind of "portal person" Tedda would make for Mr. Hayden  >:D

Eagle400

Does anyone know where the weebles orignially came from?  I've seen them before, like on MSN messenger, but I've been looking all over for the originals. 

JC004

Quote from: 12211985 on April 15, 2007, 08:22:15 PM
Does anyone know where the weebles orignially came from?  I've seen them before, like on MSN messenger, but I've been looking all over for the originals. 

Read beginning of this thread.

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on April 15, 2007, 08:24:27 PM

WOW, attitude from Colgan, whens the updated PAWG webpage coming out??
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 15, 2007, 10:56:20 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 15, 2007, 08:24:27 PM

WOW, attitude from Colgan, whens the updated PAWG webpage coming out??

When the tests pass on IE 6 and 7.

Pylon

Quote from: JC004 on April 15, 2007, 11:02:32 PM

Do you give special tests to Internet Explorer, since it's essentially a disabled browser?   ;) :angel:
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on April 16, 2007, 02:35:03 AM
Quote from: JC004 on April 15, 2007, 11:02:32 PM

Do you give special tests to Internet Explorer, since it's essentially a disabled browser?   ;) :angel:

No, but I have had to make many, many "accommodations" for what I develop.  Even when my stuff is strictly compliant code (and it almost always is).  What?  IE not meet standards?  SHOCKING!  It is very, very frustrating.  I have a lot of stuff that we'd like to roll out, but it doesn't work consistently enough in the Evil Browser yet.  See below:

alamrcn

Maybe a little late, but...

Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 06:35:49 PM

But it's already on the Vanguard website, so order up!

Photoshop Specialty Track Study Guide...............$5.00

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Rangersigo

I don't think they make the CAP weight and grooming standards and should be removed.

arajca

Quote from: Rangersigo on April 16, 2007, 05:55:23 PM
I don't think they make the CAP weight and grooming standards and should be removed.
The h/w standards don't cover someone who is only two-three inches tall.

Rangersigo

All right now I have to do the math!

alamrcn

I could barely read the yellow part of the pie... what is a Tucking Explorer?

Anyway, I still edit my website with a text editor! Down with FrontPage and the ilk. If you wanna see the cleanest HTML around, check it out.

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

CadetProgramGuy

With a little work

JC004

Quote from: alamrcn on April 16, 2007, 06:00:39 PM
I could barely read the yellow part of the pie... what is a Tucking Explorer?

Anyway, I still edit my website with a text editor! Down with FrontPage and the ilk. If you wanna see the cleanest HTML around, check it out.

-Ace

It's the proper name of IE censored for cadet eyes.   ;D

I use Programmers Notepad and sometimes Dreamweaver for the pretty colors.  Rarely WYSIWYG, but Microsoft hasn't quite got this interweb thing down yet, especially the part about CSS and standards.

Quote from: alamrcn on April 16, 2007, 05:50:33 PM
Maybe a little late, but...

Quote from: JC004 on April 14, 2007, 06:35:49 PM

But it's already on the Vanguard website, so order up!

Photoshop Specialty Track Study Guide...............$5.00

But 7 bucks in shipping?!

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on April 16, 2007, 06:05:15 PM
With a little work

Yay!  They're multiplying!

LTC_Gadget

So as not to invoke the ire of someone I haven't yet physically met, and not to violate copyrights or anything, I'm considering Plan B -- stick around long enough to ingratiate myself to Moff Tedda, or at least to develop an association, and hope for something in my e-stocking some Christmas sometime.   ;D

I had asked someone 'behind the scenes' about the story on the weebles.  When I was told how they were given out, it didn't feel right for me to mock one up myself.  Of course, everyone can do whatever turns their crank.  But I think I'll let it go.  They are neat to look at.

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

Fifinella

Don't know if that fist was shaken at me...I *was* granted permission for mine, but not from Tedda, so I apologize for any inadvertent improprieties. :-\
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

JC004

Quote from: Fifinella on April 17, 2007, 05:17:41 AM
Don't know if that fist was shaken at me...I *was* granted permission for mine, but not from Tedda, so I apologize for any inadvertent improprieties. :-\

Well you didn't steal mine, and obviously you didn't anger the Tedda, so everything must be ok.   :D  You'd know if Tedda was mad at you...you'd see things like billboards, posters, and web graphics with incriminating pictures of you, generated in Photoshop.    ;)

arajca

Quote from: JC004 on April 19, 2007, 10:45:29 PM
Quote from: Fifinella on April 17, 2007, 05:17:41 AM

Well you didn't steal mine, and obviously you didn't anger the Tedda, so everything must be ok.   :D  You'd know if Tedda was mad at you...you'd see things like billboards, posters, and web graphics with incriminating pictures of you, generated in Photoshop.    ;)
Or not generated in Photoshop  >:D

LtCol White

Hmmmm....2 stars and a goat........ >:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.