New national Vice Commander and Chief of Staff

Started by Garibaldi, June 24, 2014, 01:54:56 AM

FW

Quote from: CyBorg on June 28, 2014, 02:59:53 PM
Quote from: FW on June 28, 2014, 12:36:22 PM
The kind of arguments presented on this thread have, in the past, caused major turmoil in CAP.

What kind of "major turmoil?"

CT, as an "unofficial forum" for CAP, has more influence on opinions than you may expect.  You would be surprised to know some of the "lurkers" enjoying our posts.  I get feedback from "friends" all the time.  It is a source of information which is not taken for granted. Arguments (ok discussions) presented here are also made between our leaders.  It is part of the give and take of the "process", however public personal attacks or praise from those who don't have the knowledge to make a full assesment cause problems, and turmoil.

From the "inside", I can only speak of "arguments" (as presented on CT and elswhere) between 1999 and 2011.  We can start with the events leading to the "visit" by the FBI and ending with the election of our current National Commander.  IMHO, more cooperation and less personal agenda may have prevented much of the "major turmoil" (most of which were presented here on CT) in CAP.  In those years, we've seen the publication of a white paper changing the nature of CAP, the creation of othe BoG, the resignation of a National Commander, the relief of cammand of another, the complete change of the authority of the region and wing commanders, and two constitutions and bylaws. As an observer of the National Leadership between 1994 and today, I would even venture to say our history would have led us in a very different path if we had put personal agendas and petty personal feuds aside.
I understand we all want things to go our way, all the time; it just isn't reality to expect it.  I believe in our core values, and want to make CAP work.  That means working with our leadership; no matter who they are. It is what professionals do.  YMMV...

SunDog

Not too surprised, I think; got a thinly disguised, and annoyed, response from top leadership once.  But again, if tough criticism and venting on CT has precipitated damaging change, the management model is broken.

Someone can be smart, nice, hard working, professional, dedicated, and well connected. And abysmal as a senior manager. And/or the culture can be so gacked that superman couldn't change it's course.

CAP probably isn't fatally broken, not yet; but it most definetly is broken to a serious degree.  Don't care who is arranging the deck chairs; Wing, Region, National, it really doesn't matter to most of us. Cut out the nonsense, the time sucks, the freakin' death grip on the 1960's org charts. . .guess what? Most of us know we can't have it all our own way, and don't need to be told that.

Just no more "free beer tomorrow" . . .

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: FW on June 28, 2014, 12:25:53 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 28, 2014, 01:37:20 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 28, 2014, 01:26:57 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on June 28, 2014, 01:24:03 AM
GTM uniforms were imposed on PCR by the NB

Why would the NB care?

Cite please.

So something in the past, instituted or at least tolerated by the people we're discussing aren't relevent anymore?
Because that was imposed on the region by the NB....I can't remember when....but just a few years ago.  I bet you can find reference to it here on CT with the search engine.

Not quite. CAWG was in jepordy of losing it's ground SAR capability unless it's uniform complied with state mandates. The CAWG/CC made the motion to approve the uniform and the NB approved it.  End of Story.

Fwiw, those "mandates" were phantom at the time and nobody I know ever actually saw them. I know I never came across them at all as the head of a law enforcement agency in CA. Personally, I doubt that they ever existed, other than in the mind of one or two CAP people who sold somebody a bag of magic beans.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.