CAP is Still the Best Orginization

Started by TexasCadet, October 26, 2013, 09:41:56 PM

TexasCadet

People are always complaining about the bad parts of CAP. You know, poor cadet leadership, rising costs, slow paperwork, etc. Well, I would like to point out that for all its shortcomings, CAP is still the best.

I recently staffed the Fort Worth Alliance Airshow, along with many other cadets. Most of the cadets uniforms were excellent, and they presented a sharp image. The Navy Sea Cadets, however, just gave us dirty looks. Their drill was also laughable. The Young Marines were the worst. They were lazy, rude, and obnoxious.

I know this is just one instance, but it still points out there is some good in CAP.

Private Investigator

raivo

Being good at something is good. Being humble about it is better. Helping others to improve themselves is even better.

Looking down on others... doesn't help anyone at all.

(Lest I become that which I criticize... I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with being proud of being "the best." I'm just saying, beware the trap of self-importance - it's one I've seen too many people fall into.)

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."