Main Menu

Clear skies to all...

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, April 20, 2013, 08:17:19 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have just tendered my resignation from Civil Air Patrol.

It is not worth the energy I am having to expend on this, when the cards have been stacked against me.

Having a disability apparently does not apply to a commander's prerogative.

Farewell to all who have been supportive to me, and/or those who have tolerated my ranting and raving at times.

Clear skies to all and God bless you.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

J2H

Sorry to hear of your resignation, I hope you reconsider, but if not, good luck in your future endeavors.
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

Jaison009

Sorry to hear about this CyBorg. Good luck in the future and thank you for your service as a member and a volunteer. I hope you find another organization where you can share your passions and continue to serve the community.

Quote from: CyBorg on April 20, 2013, 08:17:19 PM
I have just tendered my resignation from Civil Air Patrol.

It is not worth the energy I am having to expend on this, when the cards have been stacked against me.

Having a disability apparently does not apply to a commander's prerogative.

Farewell to all who have been supportive to me, and/or those who have tolerated my ranting and raving at times.

Clear skies to all and God bless you.

ColonelJack

Sorry to hear that, my friend.  I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Take care.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

BillB

Another valued member of CAP quits the program. How many hard working CAP members on CAPtalk have we seen drop out of the program in the past few years? And as a organization what is CAP doing to correct the problem, if a problem exists which it must to have the members quit?
Personaly I'd rather see Cyborg put in for retirement until the problem(s) are resolved. That way he retains grade and qualifications.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

AlphaSigOU

It's sad to see good people leave CAP. It's shameful to see good members run off because of politics.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

High Speed Low Drag

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 21, 2013, 01:32:18 PM
It's sad to see good people leave CAP. It's shameful to see good members run off because of politics.
And personal vendettas.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

Devil Doc

Cyborg, good luck on your healing and resignation. I to have a disability, and sure hope it does not affect my position or reason to be in CAP. Farwell brother.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

JoeTomasone

Sorry to see you go.  Best of luck in your future endeavors.

EMT-83

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 21, 2013, 06:02:43 PM
Cyborg, good luck on your healing and resignation. I to have a disability, and sure hope it does not affect my position or reason to be in CAP. Farwell brother.

I can't let this sit here unchallenged. Discrimination for any reason, including disability, is not tolerated in this organization. NHQ will jump on a discrimination complaint fast enough to make your head spin, and is quite serious following the letter and spirit of the regulations.

The grumblings of a disgruntled soon-to-be former member who chose to leave the organization, rather than follow the prescribed appeal process, cannot be allowed to cast shadows on our core values.

Eclipse

There is absolutely no indication that this situation involved any discrimination whatsoever.

I feel for Cyborg's situation, but this is not a 1-sided issue, and in fairness to everyone, especially CAP as an organization, we should just leave this be.

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Fair winds and following seas.