Main Menu

RIP c/2Lt Justin Lewis

Started by That Anonymous Guy, June 03, 2012, 02:15:16 AM

krnlpanick

RIP - I hadn't heard that they called off the search yet. Very sad week for CAP this has been.
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: krnlpanick on June 03, 2012, 02:39:46 AM
RIP - I hadn't heard that they called off the search yet. Very sad week for CAP this has been.
Indeed, and then the tragic plane crash last week.

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Woodsy

My heart and prayers are with the family of C/2d. Lt. Lewis.

I would also like to extend my condolences to Capt. Epp, the SDWG/PAO who wrote this article.  As a fellow wing PAO, I know how hard it is to write stuff like this.  Just last Wednesday, I had to announce to my wing the death of one of our very popular and outstanding cadets, who died in a car accident.  C/2d. Lt. Joshua Floyd. 

In a wing as small as SDWG, I can imagine Capt. Epp probably knew him personally, making this story even more difficult to write.  I have over 4,200 brothers and sisters in my wing, and no matter the circumstances or if I knew them or not, this type of stuff is never easy to write. 

RADIOMAN015

Struts

I hope they do indeed find him. They have not called off the search yet from the last I heard.

RADIOMAN015

Well Cadet Lewis' body was found yesterday in the lake, see:
]http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/kayaker-s-body-found-in-deerfield-lake/article_84bcabc4-fe69-51d0-ba4f-8f61b0b6cfbc.html] 

I'm sure all our thoughts and prayers are with the family as well as his squadron members. :(

RM

Stonewall

Living the life of a teenager, kayaking, CAP...I love it, just I'm sure he loved the outdoors.  I'm proud of how he lived and I didn't know him.

RIP, Cadet.  I'll toast one in your honor.
Serving since 1987.

krnlpanick

Sad news, at least the family and squadron can get some closure now. RIP
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

denverpilot

I believe COWG also flew the dog team up. Sad outcome. RIP.

abdsp51

Always a sad day when one is lost more so when it is a child...

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Stonewall on June 14, 2012, 10:08:30 PM
Living the life of a teenager, kayaking, CAP...I love it, just I'm sure he loved the outdoors.  I'm proud of how he lived and I didn't know him.

RIP, Cadet.  I'll toast one in your honor.

+1
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn