Main Menu

Military Discounts

Started by usafcap1, May 04, 2012, 07:48:05 AM

MSG Mac

Bad spelling, grammer, and misuse of words does matter. The person reading the missive makes an instant impression of the writer. If you have to write in your job, it makes a difference. The SAT and ACT tests that get you into college both have writing sample requirements. If you enter the military, the first thing they do is give you a series of tests, including writing and word knowledge. This can make a major difference in whether you're repairing mess kits, or fixing aircraft. If you want to be an Officer-There is a written test. If you become an NCO or Officer there are mandatory schools which require lots of writing. Yes, It Does Matter!
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

usafcap1

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 06, 2012, 04:19:07 PM
So as a CAP "recruiter" prospective members actually ask you that?  You must be talking to weird bunch. Ive been involved with CAP since 1986 and I really dont think Ive ever heard it come up. 

You started a thread about using the USO, whether or not we are "active duty" and now wanting to know about military discounts.  In police work we call this a "clue".  There is one way you can take advantage legitimately of all those things and thats to to join up dude.

they have nothing to do with each other. . . If you look at my perviuos posting history you look will see that I ten to post back-to-back posts.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Flying Pig

Actually they all have something to do with each other.  Im not talking about posting back to back. Your last couple of posts all have to do with taking advantage military services and benefits.   Just noticed the trend is all.

JK657

Flying Pig beat me to the punch as I was about to address the same issue with the OP. Throw in the topics mentioned by Flying Pig plus ones wanting a CAC looking ID card, dog tags and Digital uniforms the impression made could be a negative one.

Flying Pig

manfredvonrichthofen

Don't try too hard to get to where you deserve military discounts, it takes a lot from you. The way we look at them is that some places give military discounts because they know that you give up, and it really is a large part of yourself that you give up.

Is it nice to be recognized? Yes, is it nice to be appreciated? Yes. But it is also a constant reminder. And in CAP we haven't done what needs to be done to deserve the military discount. We don't give as much inCAP.

Sure, we give our time sweat and sometimes some tears. But there is more that is given by soldiers.

lordmonar

Strange.......I get the same discount for getting shot at for 22 years....as everyone else gets for simply being 65.

I don't get worked up about the military discount thing.....if someone in CAP get's a discount.....good on them.....now move along...nothing to see here.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: lordmonar on May 08, 2012, 11:39:23 PM
Strange.......I get the same discount for getting shot at for 22 years....as everyone else gets for simply being 65.

I don't get worked up about the military discount thing.....if someone in CAP get's a discount.....good on them.....now move along...nothing to see here.

+1

If it is given to you, ok, don't throw it back at them, and denying it, is most of the time taken as throwing it back at them. Just say thank you and pay. But don't solicit one.