Saluting/Room, Attention for non-uniformed officers

Started by benhen1997, April 17, 2012, 07:35:35 PM

johnnyb47

Per CAPP151 -
QuoteWhen in doubt, salute. Anyone may render a salute at any time if
they believe one is warranted.

A cadet in street clothes recognizing me in street clothes and rendering a salute will always get one in return.
This includes the polo shirt combo uniform.

Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

G+10

Quote from: NIN on April 17, 2012, 08:12:12 PM

If you're bip-bopping down the street at Burpelson AFB...

Especially if it's General Ripper! You don't want to NOT salute that guy!

A.Member

I've never run into the issue of being saluted "too" much...
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

manfredvonrichthofen

I usually run into it on Camp Atterbury, I have asked why, and they tell me it's because I have a CIB and have bars on my collar, so I tell them thank you. It is funny to see the looks though when I salute an Lt. But you can never go wrong by saluting when you are in doubt.

MSgt Van

Saluting shouldn't be a chore. I enjoy tossing out a salute. There's even a couple of enlisted troops from my past i'll exchange a salute with. You're part of a tight fraternity. Enjoy it!

lordmonar

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 12:19:20 AM
I usually run into it on Camp Atterbury, I have asked why, and they tell me it's because I have a CIB and have bars on my collar, so I tell them thank you. It is funny to see the looks though when I salute an Lt. But you can never go wrong by saluting when you are in doubt.
Why do you get funny looks when you salute a Lt?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

manfredvonrichthofen

Because I'm an Lt. And they think... Why is he saluting someone the same grade as himself.

lordmonar

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 04:05:27 AM
Because I'm an Lt. And they think... Why is he saluting someone the same grade as himself.
So...why are you saluteing someone the same grade as yourself?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 04:05:27 AM

I went through a similar situation years ago running flightline safety at an airshow.

I was then a 1st Lt.  and an Air Force Reserve 1st Lt. saluted me.  I returned the salute but said "you're not obligated to salute me."  He said, "I know that but you're a fellow officer and I wanted to recognise that."

Them was the days.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Because I will always salute a military officer.