Main Menu

Who are this lot (CHRC)?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, April 10, 2011, 04:37:50 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Perusing the 1800nametape.com page, I found this lot.

http://www.1800nametape.com/chrc.htm

I can't find any other information about them.

Are they legitimate, are they something like the USRC formed by our former Generalissimo, or are they a bunch of wannabes who like wearing Army-type insignia?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

WESSginger

That is what it looks like. They don't even have a working website.
David Carriker, C/Capt, CAP
NESA staff #577/NBB Delta flight 2010/COS 2011 Flight 5

DBlair

The "FL Guard" (as in SDF) doesn't exist either.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

NCRblues

After doing some research...(ok...google) it appears as if this group, sometime after the establishment of DHS, decided they wanted to be a part of it, and just declared themselves an aspect of it. They put on army style uniforms, had a small "cadet corp" and would not return emails or phone calls asking about the organization. It seems, after some political pressure from the DOD and DHS, they just faded away...

Kind of like the "ranger corp".... they just kinda faded away....good riddance...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: NCRblues on April 10, 2011, 06:33:41 AM
After doing some research...(ok...google) it appears as if this group, sometime after the establishment of DHS, decided they wanted to be a part of it, and just declared themselves an aspect of it. They put on army style uniforms, had a small "cadet corp" and would not return emails or phone calls asking about the organization. It seems, after some political pressure from the DOD and DHS, they just faded away...

Kind of like the "ranger corp".... they just kinda faded away....good riddance...
We kind of had the same issue with a Radio Group in our state   They actually got licensed for public safety spectrum to establish a nonprofit public safety mutual aid radio system.  This would include lending equipment to small PD &FD departments.  Unfortunately they also took on a "wanna bee" public safety officials role installing flash blue/red & wiggle white lights on their vehicles.  What brought them to the attention of the state PD is one of their members was stopped due to the lights and stated they worked with homeland security. Well no one in the state every heard of them as a resource.  Additionally the state PD radio chief approached to the FCC regarding all of the spectrum licensing for public safety frequencies that this non profit organization had.  The FCC took action to cancel those license.   The organization also got licensed for aeronautical utility/sar stations and wanted to test with CAP.  Since they are not a legitimate organization as far as support to anyone, they were basically told no testing.   Apparently much of their funding for radios is derived from providing safety/security at various events, likely getting just a donation.  This also brought them under scrutiny by the state PD because security guards require licensing in the state.

I personally felt that they meant well with no malice towards anyone, BUT IF you start playing cop or security and installing lights and carrying badges and look alike cop uniforms you are asking for a problem.

That's why we need to be very careful in CAP on the roles we take on.  In my opinion no ground mission should state it is a "security" detail, including any press releases,BUT more like a "safety & courtesy/information" type patrol to help attendees.

RM   

The CyBorg is destroyed

In every state I've lived in, putting police lights (red/blue) on your vehicle is a big-time no-no and will draw the attention of the real boys and girls behind the badge.

I don't think that we can list any of our missions as "security" per se, due to Posse Comitatus.  "Security" can imply powers of arrest and detention that we do not have.

That insignia site was interesting...I wondered about the "Florida Guard" as many states do have legitimate, constitutional State Guards/Defence Forces who backfill the National Guard at the command of their Governor.

I guess if the Nametapes bunch figured they could turn a buck by making insignia and not asking why, whattheheck, it's free enterprise.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

a2capt

Whats more interesting is here's an operation thats willing to put up a section and make decent quality stuff available for a decent price. The site may not be the most fancy setup, but it's certainly stupid simple to operate, and get what you want. You see exactly what you will get and they give the impression that they understand the product they sell.

Too bad the Big V can't learn some lessons from that.  Of course, NHQ presumably has to sign off on the products that Vanguard creates. Whoever bought off on those epaulets must have been asleep at the desk. I've bought all what I needed from members who've advanced just because of that.

manfredvonrichthofen

1800nametape is an awesome company and you can tell when you talk to them that they don't just higher out their work. Sometimes when you call you can even hear the machines going in he background while making your order. Bust an all around good company I wish we could order everything cloy from them including patches.

jks19714

Years ago I needed some Army "deployed civilian in field" patches.  I had to fax them a hand sketch of what they looked like! 

They (Vanguard) got better, but I'm not too keen on this sole source arrangement that they have with CAP. 
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

RVT

http://usservicecommand.us/ still takes first place.

I'm starting to wonder how many more of these groups are out there.  I'm starting to think a bunch.

jks19714

It is reassuring to see that although they have a THREE-star general and outrank all of the states AGs, they have no Intelligence (G-2).  :o

Good grief. 
Diamond Flight 88

Spaceman3750

Quote from: RVT on April 10, 2011, 08:36:35 PM

http://usservicecommand.us/ still takes first place.

I'm starting to wonder how many more of these groups are out there.  I'm starting to think a bunch.

This bunch apparently went away in 06.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Interesting that their website is still up.

The pictures...no way they'd meet CAP/AF H/W standards.

I wonder if the Army finally got wind of them and buckled down about their uniform.  Even the legitimate State Guards have to make more alterations to the Army uniform than it looks like this bunch did.

I wasn't trying to make a knock at 1800nametapes...their stuff looks of good quality...just curious why they'd want to get involved with something as fly-by-night as this seems to be.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

jks19714

Maybe their G6 got mad because he was only a Colonel (I just noticed that they have THREE Lt Generals!) and refused to update the website any longer.  ::)

Without intelligence or a webmaster, they are adrift on the Web...

john
Diamond Flight 88

RVT

Quote from: jks19714 on April 10, 2011, 09:29:46 PM
Maybe their G6 got mad because he was only a Colonel (I just noticed that they have THREE Lt Generals!) and refused to update the website any longer.  ::) Without intelligence or a webmaster, they are adrift on the Web...

Its possible to register a domain name for ten years at a pop, I do that.  If its hosted someplace that doesn't charge, it will be there for some time.  The fact it is stil up with the organization gone means they probably disappeared pretty fast.

They actually had a 4 star too.  Most of these pictures look like they were taken in a National Guard drill hall, I'm surprised they were let in dressed like this.

When I was out skydiving at Lake Perris back in the 80's there was some self appointed paramilitary group training their "airborne" personnel there.  Never heard of them again.  One thing all of these groups have in common is no government affiliation at all.   At least SDF's are recognized by state governments being officially - something.

CHRC, USRC the various self proclaimed militias and everything else like that seem to just spring up so that their founders can wear impressive looking uniforms - even when the "leadership": is all you have and there are no actual troops.  They exist briefly until it sinks in nobody takes them seriously, they can't actually do anything, and can't get anybody to join to be the lower ranks.

USRC didn't have anybody below brigadier general as far as I ever saw.  USSC only had four below the rank of 3 star General Of course, even legitimate organizations like CAP and CGA seem to have all chiefs and no Indians.  Still hard to get someone to be a junior enlisted rank for no pay.

JK657

There are numerous examples of these fake wannabe organizations. They commonly use the US Army uniform with little if any difference in the uniforms. There are some great examples here: http://www.allmilitary.com/board/viewforum.php?id=308

The forums aren't active that much but they do offer some good information.

RVT

Quote from: JK657 on April 10, 2011, 11:14:16 PM
There are numerous examples of these fake wannabe organizations. They commonly use the US Army uniform with little if any difference in the uniforms. There are some great examples here: http://www.allmilitary.com/board/viewforum.php?id=308

The forums aren't active that much but they do offer some good information.

Holy crap. I had no idea it was this bad.