Just returned from Arlington

Started by TCMajor, July 11, 2010, 11:00:51 PM

JC004

His grave is one of the most visited at Arlington...so much so that they created a path with a chain to cut down on the damage caused by foot traffic.  Interestingly, some of the graves that I have photographed like General of the Army Omar Bradley's do not require that.  You wouldn't have known Bradley's was there by the lack of a trail and all, but it kind of stood out with the 5 stars.  Those aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

juicedude10

Quote from: DakRadz on August 27, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
Currahee*

That's the name of my squadron- we are located at the original Airborne training area (same town).
I'm a cadet- cadets can only be Reservists or officer cadets (ROTC, academy) in the military, or they will be transferred to SM status.
Okay, time to either stop posting (and I mean me too) or get back on topic.

Oh alright, it stuck out to me, because I'm hoping to be either a 19C (cavalry officer) or 11A (infantry officer, follow me!), and yes, to get back on topic, does anyone know how an LT can join the Old Guard?  And does the Old Guard still deploy?  Like..keeping up with there Infantry Reg. Status?

Short Field

Quote from: bosshawk on August 27, 2010, 04:52:43 PM
I have been to France a number of times and I can never wait to get out of Paris
What makes you think the rest of France feels any different about Paris?  Parisians treat EVERYONE the same - even each other.   :o  Once you realize that, Paris is a really fun city to run around.

When near Arlington, I always make it a point to stop and visit my relatives and friends who rest there.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

bosshawk

the point that I was making(off the topic) was that the rest of France is a pretty nice place to visit.  The one place that I have always missed was the Normandy coast and one day, God willing, I will make that pilgrimage.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

juicedude10

Quote from: bosshawk on August 28, 2010, 02:13:37 AM
the point that I was making(off the topic) was that the rest of France is a pretty nice place to visit.  The one place that I have always missed was the Normandy coast and one day, God willing, I will make that pilgrimage.

When I go to Normandy, (eventually), I'm taking my Dad's 101st Coin!

juicedude10

Quote from: DakRadz on August 27, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
Currahee*

That's the name of my squadron- we are located at the original Airborne training area (same town).
I'm a cadet- cadets can only be Reservists or officer cadets (ROTC, academy) in the military, or they will be transferred to SM status.
Okay, time to either stop posting (and I mean me too) or get back on topic.

I just reread this..and you're at Toccoa?!

DakRadz

So much for OPSEC.
Heh, yes. That's the location of the squadron, though I live elsewhere.