Main Menu

Prank the new guy

Started by usafcap1, May 28, 2012, 12:09:34 AM

usafcap1

I am going to be a senior in 8 months. And told that SM's "Prank the new guy". So I am wondering what kind of "pranking" goes on?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

manfredvonrichthofen

That is privileged information. You know FOUO stuff...

Spaceman3750

If any of the seniors in my squadron were to prank a new SM they would be drawn and quartered where they stood ;).

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

AngelWings

usafcap1

What is "FTFY" and "FOUO"?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

abdsp51

FTFY = Fixed That For You
FOUO = FOr Official Use Only

bflynn

What kind of pranking?  None, that would be hazing.

You're a smart guy, so you probably already know what I'm going to say next -

Being the new guy, sit back and listen.  Despite what you know about cadets, you need to ease into the SM program.  Despite those who believe they should be the same, they have different audiences, different maturity levels, different goals and they are different programs.

If you try to step in and start ordering people around like you know better, you will find out that they don't agree with how much you know.

Eclipse

That's twice that the term "hazing" was used.

We all know that term does not apply to Seniors, right?

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

You probably just heard wrong - new guy buys the donuts.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on May 28, 2012, 02:09:45 AM

So, no matter what we do to SMs they can't be hazed?

I'm afraid sir, SMs can be hazed. Maybe not under CAP regs, but under the law.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 28, 2012, 02:14:22 AM
Maybe not under CAP regs, but under the law.

In most states, anti-hazing laws are directly related to students at schools and similiar related educational institutions,
of which CAP is neither.

My state, for example:

Sec. 5. Hazing. A person commits hazing who knowingly requires the performance of any act by a student or other person in a school, college, university, or other educational institution of this State, for the purpose of induction or admission into any group, organization, or society associated or connected with that institution if: 

There's a few states that have tried to broaden those covered, but even those contain language that make it clear the intention is to pertain to schools and educational institutions.

http://www.stophazing.org/laws.html

In most cases, anything that would be considered "hazing" by adults would likely result in either

1) a punch in the nose
2) an internal complaint about "conduct unbecoming", etc.
3) an assault or similar criminal charge.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 28, 2012, 02:14:22 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 28, 2012, 02:09:45 AM

So, no matter what we do to SMs they can't be hazed?

I'm afraid sir, SMs can be hazed. Maybe not under CAP regs, but under the law.
Pranks and hazing are two different things. I would be shot for how many times I prank people a day. A light hearted joke is alright. Not all pranks are random. Some happen when people do things, like join or leave an organization. Some happen when people get promoted. Anything can be spun as hazing, really. And the worst part, you're 99.9% probably being hypocritical. Please stop being a serious sanford and start having some fun. I don't want to see someone as decent acting as you waste your life being too serious over small things. Unless the prank is degrading...

abdsp51

Hell we played jokes on each other all the time in my old AFSC and it was taken as fun.  Hazing can occur in any aspect however most of the laws and guidelines put in place are to protect minors, students, etc from hazing.  Can it occur on the SM side maybe I have yet to see it but a prank as long as it's tasteful should not be considered hazing by any means. 

manfredvonrichthofen

We were told that hazing was so rampant in the Army, and we had to stop doing anything considered. In the spectrum of hazing. We were even told that we couldn't drive other's CIbs and wings into people's chests... But that didn't stop us.

NCRblues

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 28, 2012, 02:41:58 AM
Hell we played jokes on each other all the time in my old AFSC and it was taken as fun.

Police 5, need you to head over to the base clinic and ask for new fallopian tube's for the BAC tester...  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

abdsp51

Quote from: NCRblues on May 28, 2012, 04:38:34 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on May 28, 2012, 02:41:58 AM
Hell we played jokes on each other all the time in my old AFSC and it was taken as fun.

Police 5, need you to head over to the base clinic and ask for new fallopian tube's for the BAC tester...  >:D

Classic especially if the clinic was in on it..  >:D lol.

Dad2-4

I remember new airmen in the USAF being sent to base supply for 110 ft of flight-line or a new sky hook.
Bringing donuts sounds like a good idea! Or pizza. Or..........

abdsp51

Or how about accounting for aircraft keys or the audio seismic test...

BillB

Another case where SPPT is needed in CAP. What, you never heard of SPPT? It's Senior Protection Program Trainings, same as CPPT only more advanced.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104