Report: Confirmed...Osama Bin Laden Dead!

Started by A.Member, May 02, 2011, 02:47:52 AM

A.Member

Further reports credit U.S. Navy SEALS (NSWDG/DEVGRU) and CIA operatives for carrying out the mission. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

♠SARKID♠

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 06:43:07 AM
Further reports credit U.S. Navy SEALS (NSWDG/DEVGRU) and CIA operatives for carrying out the mission.

Of course nothing is ever for sure, but I know some SEALs that were deploying a month or two ago.

Also from the web:

jeders

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 03:31:19 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on May 02, 2011, 03:08:46 AM
It's too bad we couldn't take him alive. I would've like to see him swinging from a rope and then have his head on a pike on the south lawn as a warning like the Romans... >:D
Yeah, but we do have his body.  Which means we could do a Pershing... ;) :D

Apparently WE buried him at sea. I'm sorry, but that just pisses me off.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

tarheel gumby

I thought of the Robin Williams line saying that it's not 72 Virgins but 72 Virginians. Won't that a be a real shock for him. >:D
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

ol'fido

YES, we made a martyr out of OBL. GOOD!! Our military stand ready to provide the same service to anybody that attacks the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

tarheel gumby

US Navy/ Marine Corps helping morons become martyrs since 1775
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Major Lord

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on May 02, 2011, 07:23:04 AM
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"Take not counsel of your fears", Stonewall Jackson

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

A.Member

Quote from: jeders on May 02, 2011, 01:16:53 PM
It's too bad we couldn't take him alive. I would've like to see him swinging from a rope and then have his head on a pike on the south lawn as a warning like the Romans... >:D

Actually, it's rather brilliant.  It removes any opportunity for a shrine or memorial site.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

davidsinn

Quote from: A.Member on May 02, 2011, 02:06:36 PM

Actually, it's rather brilliant.  It removes any opportunity for a shrine or memorial site.

Should have buried him in an unmarked grave with the carcass of a wild boar.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MIKE

Quote from: NIN on May 02, 2011, 05:02:47 AMc) So I guess Osama shouldn't have used his home address when he signed up for Playstation Network and had his info compromised along with 70 million others... :)

I loled when I saw this posted on the SOCOM4 boards last night.
Mike Johnston

SARDOC

I agree...very Brilliant

MSG Mac

Quote from: SARDOC on May 02, 2011, 03:03:19 PM

I agree...very Brilliant

Of course the Indian Ocean is full of sharks? I wonder  was he dead before they buried him at sea?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

bosshawk

According to CNN, he was shot in the head.  He was then buried frm the USS Carl Vinson somewhere in the Indian Ocean.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: bosshawk on May 02, 2011, 04:38:51 PM
According to CNN, he was shot in the head.  He was then buried frm the USS Carl Vinson somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

Fish food.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

BillB

I hear that bin Laden was a former CAP Cadet
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

jks19714

Quote from: CyBorg on May 02, 2011, 04:46:14 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on May 02, 2011, 04:38:51 PM

Fish food.

Hopefully they ran him through the ship's trash grinder behind the remains of the Easter ham dinner.  >:D
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^IF the sharks didn't spit the corpse out and say "blech!"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

cap235629

Quote from: Major Carrales on May 02, 2011, 06:33:48 AM
Quote from: PHall on May 02, 2011, 06:18:46 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 05:38:49 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 02, 2011, 05:35:59 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 04:15:52 AMnope they are all nuns....

Quote from: cap235629 on May 02, 2011, 04:47:31 AM
Think Bin Laden was a wee bit ticked off when he saw that his 72 virgins were dressed like penguins and carrying rulers? ??? ??

The resident recovering Catholic has confirmed my theory that virginity is not required to become a nun. Only abstinence after becoming a novice is required.

But most are in fact virgins and it was a joke!

A joke that is quite possibly offensive to many Catholics. >:(

As a Roman Catholic, it got my attention.  But I dismissed it for what it might have been...the result of elation/emotional outpouring at the Death of a true dastardly individual.  I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

For the record, I am a thick headed old school Irish-Catholic and this joke was paraphrased from a poster that hangs in the members lounge of Knights of Columbus Council 996.

Vivat Jesus!!!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé