CAP National Curator

Started by James Shaw, June 24, 2009, 02:13:55 PM

James Shaw

I am happy to announce that I have been appointed as the CAP National Curator effective June 23rd. I had a great conversation with Gen Courter and Col Blascovich and received my orders from NHQ the same day.

I worked with Col Bill Schell and will carry on his appreciation and dedication to CAP and our members.

If anyone has anything they would like to donate to the CAP National Collection please let me know.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

swamprat86

Smithsonia

Maj. Shaw;
Heartiest congratulations upon your appointment. I look forward to hearing of your plans. CAP needs to encompass, composite, secure, and distribute - histories, veneration, stories, militaria, pictures, data, and narratives. We are at a cusp between those with firsthand intimate knowledge and those who have just heard from someone who heard from some one about something secondhand.

CAP needs its history preserved more than it needs almost anything else. It needs its culture to spread into places where we've always feared to tread. Our record of service will stand up just fine. Our service is plain as sunshine and as clear as fresh air. FEMA, Homeland Security, etc... that have no well known external expression of their culture - these institutions should listen to our story, should appreciate our story, should incorporate our story into theirs.

Full blown culture's with vivid stories of service are our greatest weapon against CAP as an anachronism. Anything I can do to help "THE Curator", the keeper of the flame, the guardian of the collected wisdom...let me know. You have my email address.

History is in the making, literally!
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

alamrcn

And right on MY birthday no less, heh... Congrats!
( can't say that I didn't known this was happening though  ;) )

If the "antique road show" continues, you are MORE than Welcome to come up to the Minnesota Wing Conference next year! The National Archives have never visited us before, and I'm sure the conference planning committee could work your stay into the budget - so long as not too many other dignataries are already coming.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

tarheel gumby

Maj. Shaw,
Congratulations sir I wish you much success in your new assignment.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Always Ready

Chappie

Major Shaw -- Congratulations on your new assignment.  I can think of no other that is more deserving or one that has more passion for this area than you.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Pylon

They picked a good man for the job.  Your dedication to the CAP history program is outstanding, Major.  Thanks for all you do and congrats on the well-deserved appointment.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NIN

Awesome. I'm glad to see that /DP can process a personnel authorization faster than a retirement.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

badger bob

Congratulations.
Thank you for your contributions.

Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

CAPTShaw

Congrats, I know you will do a good job because you have a good name.

Capt David Shaw, CAP SQ 606
Founder
Greene County Composite Squadron 606 (12JAN17)

ColonelJack

Congratulations, Major Shaw!!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

DC

Congrats Maj!

And, call me stupid, but why does the appointment look like it was done on a typewriter?

FW

^because it was  ;D

Looking forward to your display at the NB meeting in San Antonio.  Congrats and Good Luck. 

Lancer

How about scoring us some space at the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH for all of our CAP history? :-)

James Shaw

Quote from: IGMR on June 25, 2009, 03:20:54 AM
Congrats, I know you will do a good job because you have a good name.

Same for you. Great minds think alike!

Quote from: DC on June 25, 2009, 11:11:41 PM
Congrats Maj!

And, call me stupid, but why does the appointment look like it was done on a typewriter?

It was scanned from NHQ and then sent PDF and scanned again and converted to a PNG.

Quote from: Lancer on June 26, 2009, 01:01:31 AM
How about scoring us some space at the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH for all of our CAP history? :-)

Allready in the works with a fellow historian who just moved there.

I appreciate all of the congrats and hope that I can honor CAP as well as Bill did.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

RickFranz

Sir

Best wishes on your new duty assignment.

Thanks for you help.

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Lancer

Quote from: caphistorian on June 26, 2009, 01:38:42 AM

Already in the works with a fellow historian who just moved there.

I appreciate all of the congrats and hope that I can honor CAP as well as Bill did.

See...I knew they picked the right guy for the job :-)

Seriously though...it was the only logical choice. Congrats!

IceNine

Quote from: DC on June 25, 2009, 11:11:41 PM
Congrats Maj!

To create a historical appearance.  You will also note it is printed on parchment, and sealed with wax.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4