Membership Renewal Effect Alternate Status?

Started by ChamorroPride, May 07, 2018, 12:50:47 AM

ChamorroPride

Hey, all
So I'm just curious. I have a 70-some day renewal warning on eServices and wondering if that effects my ability to become a primary for an activity? On the Short List for NBB I've had a "Standby" by my name since 4/17 and I was assuming that meant I'd get called up but I wasn't sure. Anyway, I haven't been and it passed the deadline for payment for previous primaries. I'm just curious if that's the problem, or have they just not contacted anybody yet? Thank you!
C/CMSgt Jacob A. Halbrook, CAP
Cadet First Sergeant
NER-NY-283

arajca

To double check - you're membership expires in 70 days, correct? National sends out a notice to remind you to renew. It has no effect on your activity eligibily.

Offutteer

The only problem would be if you wait until after your membership expires to renew. 

ChamorroPride

C/CMSgt Jacob A. Halbrook, CAP
Cadet First Sergeant
NER-NY-283

NC Hokie

Quote from: ChamorroPride on May 07, 2018, 12:50:47 AM
Hey, all
So I'm just curious. I have a 70-some day renewal warning on eServices and wondering if that effects my ability to become a primary for an activity? On the Short List for NBB I've had a "Standby" by my name since 4/17 and I was assuming that meant I'd get called up but I wasn't sure. Anyway, I haven't been and it passed the deadline for payment for previous primaries. I'm just curious if that's the problem, or have they just not contacted anybody yet? Thank you!

I know of alternates to a couple of different activities that were called a few days before the activity and given little time to accept an invitation to attend.  This is because the organizers are quickly going down their list of alternates in order until they fill their open slots.  With this in mind, I would suggest that you renew your membership if you can so that they don't see "membership expires in X days" next to your name and use that as an excuse to skip to the next person on the list.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy