staff binder

Started by whatevah, March 06, 2005, 06:36:28 AM

whatevah

every unit staff member has their own collection of regs, forms and cheatsheets he/she likes to have handy.

What's your collection of stuff you bring to your unit meetings?

back when I was Cadet Commander and Advisor, I brought all 3 volumes of the leadership manuals, the NCO & Officer aerospace books, 39-1, 52-16, 900-2, encampment manual, and a couple unit forms.  Of course, being the top cadet, I could just leave everything in the office, and usually only carried around the schedule unless I was teaching a class. ;D
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Pylon

My trusty binder is better known by the name "iBook" and it carries in a very small profile a full assortment of all of CAP's regs, manuals, pamphlets, forms, and of course plenty of squadron documents, and anything else I could possibly want.

I've used it to teach a class and I've used it to look up reg cites on the fly in the middle of a meeting; it's quite handy!   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Greg

When I was Stan/Eval NCOIC at encampment, you would never catch me without my "white book" (what the rest of the staff affecionately called it).  It was a white three-ring binder with CAPR 900-2, CAPM 39-1, CAPR 52-16, and AFMAN 36-2203.   8)
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Major_Chuck

In the trunk of my car I keep a plastic milk crate that contains CAPR 67-1, 77-1, and 87-1 along with associated MER and Wing Supplements as well as forms.  This is for when I am in my VAWG/LG role.

In my capacity as Assistant Director of Safety for MER I keep the necessary CAP Regulations, supplements, and forms in a flight case.

But...since I got a new laptop everything important for either position has been downloaded to a rewriteable disk and anything that I need is pulled up on the national website.

Technology is always great but I am always mindful that harddrives crash, batteries die, and internet connections can be lost.

-CC ;D

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

The Admiral

ROE 5.4, Leadership (new edition), Aerospace Modules, and all of my Color Guard Tests that i made.  I also have tons of MBTI forms.  That's about it.  I also carry a flash drive with the squadron inventory and all of the other regs.
Cross into the Blue!

Schmidty06

All of my stuff is in my head.  I've read and re-read a _lot_ of regs and the like.

Greg

Quote from: Schmidty06 on March 07, 2005, 09:30:37 PM
All of my stuff is in my head.  I've read and re-read a _lot_ of regs and the like.

Same here, but you can't show somebody how they're wrong unless you've got a hard copy of the needed reg right there.  At encampment, if I ever corrected anybody's uniform, most of the time they'd believe me, but when somebody argued that they were right, I'd just open the binder and show them.
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Schmidty06

I thought you could aggressively force the knowledge held within the binder into their head using the blunt end of the binder.

Yoda

Quote from: Pylon on March 06, 2005, 08:50:31 AM
My trusty binder is better known by the name "iBook" and it carries in a very small profile a full assortment of all of CAP's regs, manuals, pamphlets, forms, and of course plenty of squadron documents, and anything else I could possibly want.

I've used it to teach a class and I've used it to look up reg cites on the fly in the middle of a meeting; it's quite handy!   ;D
I got one of those binders.  Only I named mine "Teknote". :-D