NCOS?

Started by fighterpilot!, September 26, 2008, 05:41:32 AM

fighterpilot!

Can somebody tell me about NCOS? Non-commissoned Officer School in the CA wing. Im going to one and I want to know the details. please help..like where do we stay when we go? So my mom is driving us down. and she wants to know if we stay on the base or in a hotel? If you have been to an NCOS, could you tell me how strict it is? do you march in flights and stuff?

Eclipse

Could you be more specific regarding your question?

An NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) is a class of military grade, not a destination.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-commissioned_officer

Unless you're talking about these guys: http://www.ncos.us/ncos/

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Probably means "NCOS" as in NCO School as opposed to "NCOs" - Non Commissioned Officers.  However, even with that the information is vague at best and without at least a location, I don't think anyone could even venture a guess as to what the environment would be like...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Well...there are a lot of cadets who view Chief as an endpoint.   :D

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

Quote from: lpkathryn on September 26, 2008, 05:41:32 AM
Can somebody tell me about NCOS? Im going to one and I want to know the details. please help..like where do we stay?
There is no National NCO School, so without more information, it would be difficult to help you. Perhaps the Activity Director would be the best person to help you.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Grumpy

Can somebody tell me about NCOS? Noncommissioned Officer School in the CA wing. Im going to one and I want to know the details. please help..like where do we stay when we go? So my mom is driving us down. and she wants to know if we stay on the base or in a hotel? If you have been to an NCOS, could you tell me how strict it is? do you march in flights and stuff?

I believe your question concerns Noncommissioned Officer's School (NCOS).  Your question is little unclear in the respect that you don't give the date or location.  I am guessing that you are referring to the one coming up in October which will be held at March ARB in Riverside, CA.  If I have guessed your question correctly, you will be staying in quarters on base.

PHall

Can somebody tell me about NCOS? Non-commissoned Officer School in the CA wing. Im going to one and I want to know the details. please help..like where do we stay when we go? So my mom is driving us down. and she wants to know if we stay on the base or in a hotel? If you have been to an NCOS, could you tell me how strict it is? do you march in flights and stuff?

If you're talking about the one coming up in Oct at March ARB,

- You will be staying on-base at the ANG Training Center (16 person huts).
- Yes, you will march in flights. But, you will be the one drilling the flight. This is one of the things you will learn.
- It's not encampment strict. This is a school, you're expected to learn what is presented.

Check out www.cawgcadets.org for the flyer.

fighterpilot!

are we going to have to wake up really early for pt?

addo1

If it is anything like encampment, then yes. It really depends.  Most of the people that have posted on here, do not even know what a NCOS is, so you probably will have to ask your questions to someone who has been like in your squadron maybe. It really varies school-to-school.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

PHall

Quote from: fighterpilot! on October 01, 2008, 04:46:03 PM

Well if you consider 0600 really early, then yes.

notaNCO forever

Quote from: PHall on October 01, 2008, 10:42:42 PM

That's late morning not early morning.

JayT

Quote from: NCO forever on October 02, 2008, 01:53:42 AM

Or, early evening if you work nights.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

caprr275

just so you know the NCAC has been looking into the possibility of a National NCO school. its all talk at this point but it could happen

flyerthom

Quote from: NCO forever on October 02, 2008, 01:53:42 AM

It's five o'clock somewhere! (be glad you can't hear me singing >:D )
TC