Cadet Unit SOP / SOI

Started by CadetProgramGuy, August 15, 2008, 09:06:11 AM

CadetProgramGuy

Does anyone have a Cadet SOP or SOI for squadron use?

If so PM me for email address.

Stonewall

Here's some stuff I used a few years ago.  I uploaded it into another thread.

Go here.  <<<------There, dummy.
Serving since 1987.

DC

My squadron uses a Cadet Handbook that I wrote last year, its 54 pages long, and includes most of the information a cadet will need in Phase 1.

I'd be happy to email it to anyone interested, or attach it to a post, if anyone wan't to let me know how...

IceNine

Additional Options...

Below text box

Above Post preview spell check
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DC

Quote from: IceNine on August 16, 2008, 06:41:18 AM
Additional Options...

Below text box

Thanks. I too large though, the forum will only support 1200 Kb apparently, and the handbook is a little over 2 MB... Oh well.

CadetProgramGuy

Cadet Handbook made possible by DC

sarflyer

Sir,

Permission to edit it for my unit please?

Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

DC

Anyone is welcome to modify the handbook to their needs, but please put in a citation to my squadron. Name and charter number is on the first page of the book.

sarflyer

Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Capt Rivera

Thanks for sharing! If anyone makes substantial additions/updates etc... please share them as well....

(Not saying its needed... I have not looked at it yet)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

DC

When I get time I want to integrate a chapter on CAP history, a few pages with a brief rundown on how CAP was created, what we did in WWII and what we did postwar. Obviously with the important dates, facts, and people mentioned. When running our BCT we have to use supplemental handouts for that class, unfortunately I overlooked it when working on the book.

jimmydeanno

Our squadron uses a different approach.  We have two separate documents, a Cadet Orientation Handbook and a Cadet Operating Instruction.  Both are given to the cadets when they show up for their first meeting.  They are designed to give the cadet a clear picture of a) how things are routinely conducted in the squadron and provide them information that may be difficult to remember and b) point them in the right location for things they'll need to get promoted, etc (as well as give them enough stuff to learn before their books arrive.)

Feel free to use it, modify it, whatever you'd like.  (Please note that MS Word has a nasty habit of making the same document appear different on different computers - so if it looks weird, it's not my fault :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jimmydeanno

In addition to that we give them:

1) Uniform Information

2) Cadet Orientation Handbook feedback form (need to find out if it is bad and how to make it better right?)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

stratoflyer

I think these documents are a must for Cadet Programs. I've seen squadrons were everything was written down and documented and there was never any confusion as to what was happening at the next meeting or what was required for promotions or anything like that. These squadrons work like well oiled machines.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

CadetProgramGuy

All of these are the best that I have seen in 6 years of CAP and 4 years of active Cadet Programming.

I will be taking the best of each of these and passing along to Wing DCP to have a wing standardized Cadet SOP.

Thanks to EVERYONE!!

CPG

SWASH

I just made a Cadet SOP for our Basic Training Weekend.  It is 20 pages front to back, and double sided printed (of course... to save the trees).  It was largely modeled after the ILWG SE OI. 

DIRECTIONS FOR PRINTING: Print the first three pages out.  Then flip the three pages (without moving them from the printer stand) and replace then in.  Then you will need to cut the middle of each page.  You will need to figure out what order they go in, but it should be simple.

This is not the final copy, just one that I am bringing in to show my Squadron CC and DCC.

If you would like a copy (because I do not know how to attach it) please email me at chris_sajdak123@hotmail.com
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

DC

Quote from: SWASH on August 25, 2008, 08:25:13 PM
If you would like a copy (because I do not know how to attach it) please email me at chris_sajdak123@hotmail.com
Additional Options...

Below text box

ßτε

Quote from: DC on August 25, 2008, 08:44:54 PM

Quote from: SWASH on August 25, 2008, 08:25:13 PM
Additional Options...

Below text box

For some reason, mine doesn't have any option to attach a file. When I click Additional Options, all I get are:

Notify me of replies.    

Return to this topic.

Don't use smileys.    

DC

Right under those checkboxes there should be an attachment area. It will be a small text field, with a button that says 'browse' to the right.

This is what it should look like:

ßτε

Quote from: DC on August 27, 2008, 10:36:51 AM
Right under those checkboxes there should be an attachment area. It will be a small text field, with a button that says 'browse' to the right.

This is what it should look like:

It is not there when I click Additional Options...

SWASH

Same with me.  I do not have that option.
CHRIS W. SAJDAK, C/SMSgt, CAP
2006-2007 SERWE Doolie, 2007-2008 SERWE Flight Sergeant
2008 ILWG Summer Encampment Flight Sergeant
08/09 FLWG Winter Encampemnt PAO

MIKE

Then it could be a post count based permissions issue.  IIRC it's the same deal with polls.
Mike Johnston

DC

This is SWASH's SOP.