Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

Cool Mace

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on April 30, 2012, 06:52:44 PM
Yes it is. He's the blurry faced second element leader in the first picture as well. He commanded the drill team at NCC in 2010. The other dude is my best friend Cameron Philips, who I'm sure many people here know as well. He commanded the team at NCC in 2006 and 2007 and is the first element leader in the first picture.

I thought so. He was  the RCAC Chairman with me being his Vice a couple years back. It looks like he's doing well from his facebook page.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Jamie Hurley

Quote from: Cool Mace on April 30, 2012, 07:23:00 PMIt looks like he's doing well from his facebook page.

Yes he is. Learning to fly helicopters for the Army. Making us all proud.
National Drill Team Champion 2006 & 2008
Spaatz 1644

Stonewall

I knew a senior member Bricker 20 years ago.  His this former cadet Bricker the son of an Army officer himself?
Serving since 1987.

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Jamie Hurley on April 30, 2012, 05:59:14 PM
Might as well contribute. That's me commanding my drill team at the 2008 National Cadet Competition.

And me with a couple of my best buds at a bit of a CAP reunion.

Hey! It's Col. Bricker!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

HGjunkie

I like to show off a lil' bit with my rifle drill... There's a video but I don't want that getting out (unlisted privacy stuff).
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

>:D Nice dog bowl there. Is that within regs?  >:D

HGjunkie

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 01, 2012, 07:45:11 PM

>:D
It... it "Naturally" folds like that! I swear!

I just tuck it a little bit so I don't look like I'm wearing a baker's hat...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Jamie Hurley

Quote from: Stonewall on May 01, 2012, 12:09:37 AM
I knew a senior member Bricker 20 years ago.  His this former cadet Bricker the son of an Army officer himself?

To my knowledge, no, his father wasn't an army officer or ever a CAP member. I believe he did serve as an elisted man in the air force for a short stint, but that was the extent of what I know.
National Drill Team Champion 2006 & 2008
Spaatz 1644

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 01, 2012, 07:18:40 PM

I like to show off a lil' bit with my rifle drill... There's a video but I don't want that getting out (unlisted privacy stuff).
I remember that building off to your back left very well, spent time there from 99-04 with a few visits until '10.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

HGjunkie

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on May 01, 2012, 11:49:22 PM
I remember that building off to your back left very well, spent time there from 99-04 with a few visits until '10.

Albert Whitted... Very nice place for a Squadron if I say so myself! I don't know much about the history of the Sq. much past 2 years ago, that's pretty cool you remember it from around 10 years ago.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

BillB

Bet ya can't tell when the first CAP meeting was held at Albert Whitted.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 02, 2012, 12:38:09 AM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on May 01, 2012, 11:49:22 PM

Albert Whitted... Very nice place for a Squadron if I say so myself! I don't know much about the history of the Sq. much past 2 years ago, that's pretty cool you remember it from around 10 years ago.
Indeed it is, except when the neighbor lights the fire  ;)

That was a mere fraction of the history of the squadron, the commander that was there for most of my cadet time was in command for 29 years, a great person to know.  I still remember my first meeting, it was actually at the CG (Aux I think) station across the water to the south because our trailer was getting moved.  I've still got a scar on my finger from when I was getting the trailer prepared to hold meetings again.  Good times and good memories.

Quote from: BillB on May 02, 2012, 02:24:09 AM
Bet ya can't tell when the first CAP meeting was held at Albert Whitted.

Can't say that I can, that would require that I had lived at least 2.5 times my current lifetime.  While being around for the advent of TV, computers, and many other technical innovations I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade my generation for much of anything.  While it is awesome that my predecessors were able to have so many "firsts" I like to take those firsts and make them better, that or find my own way to leave my stamp on a place in time.

I am rather curious, I know of at least one Spaatz cadet that that unit produced, are you aware of any others and perhaps their names/numbers?  I think it'd be nice to present the unit with a memento of the top cadets that it has produced in its long and storied past.  This is something I'm trying to put together for my current unit as well.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Stonewall

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 01, 2012, 07:49:39 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 01, 2012, 07:45:11 PM

>:D
It... it "Naturally" folds like that! I swear!

I just tuck it a little bit so I don't look like I'm wearing a baker's hat...

You have no idea how bad that looks.
Serving since 1987.

Cool Mace

I guess I might as well show my self now. I've been here for a few years now (not much posting as you can tell, more of a lurker).

CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

FWO-Cadet

Hi !

I am new to CAP. I am a sophomore at Waubonsee High School in Aurora. Anyone else from Illinois?

Shawn W.

Hi..  I like to fly..  I'll Have to put up a photo later.. doesnt seem to be working at the moment.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: FWO-Cadet on July 01, 2012, 12:42:08 AM
Hi !

I am new to CAP. I am a sophomore at Waubonsee High School in Aurora. Anyone else from Illinois?

Plenty of people from ILWG here. Welcome.

Garibaldi

OK...how do I do pictures in this thing? I have one I want to post to this particular topic

MAJ Kevin Estes
Emergency Services Officer
115th Composite Squadron
Rogers, AR
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SarDragon

I believe that there is a minimum post count for posting pictures. It prevents new people with malicious intent from posting crap right out of the gate.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

It's been gone for quite a while now. They upgraded SMF and lost a bunch of addons. When the LMGTFY button came, the rest went. Use ImageShack.us or similar, and then get the direct link URL from the page source, unless you sign up for an account.