What color parka / field coat to wear with BBDU???

Started by nomad129, May 27, 2013, 12:16:34 AM

nomad129

Hi All,

I'm a senior member and wear the blue bdu. I tried looking in the uniform reg (really not that helpful) and wasn't able to figure out what color ECWS parka or field coat to wear with them. I would guess blue, does anyone have a definitive answer?
"We don't rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training."

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

nomad129

That being the purpose of a jacket, yes! But as I work with cadets I try to ensure that I comply with the regs, such as they are...
"We don't rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training."

arajca

Blue field jacket. There isn't an ECWS parka in blue. Since CAPM 39-1 does allow for civilian jackets, with the field uniform, consder getting a black parka and wear it without grade.

Eclipse

If you want to wear grade, etc., the only option is a blue M-65.

Otherwise, you can wear whatever you want.

"That Others May Zoom"

nomad129

Thanks! I did find a ECWCS parka in navy blue, it's made for the USCG:
http://www.acu.com/style_F540674412/

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

^ Because it is the old style shorter one for the tucked ODU... If you wear it with BBDUs the bottom of your blouse will probably show.  The newer one is longer to cover the untucked ODU.
Mike Johnston

nomad129

The Propper parka I ordered arrived yesterday and is awesome! I wear large BDUs and bought the XL parka and it fits just right. One bummer is that it doesn't have the arm pockets like the ECWCS parkas but at this price I'll live with it.