What boots do you wear?

Started by Persona non grata, February 16, 2012, 08:01:15 PM

AngelWings

The thing about these tacti-kewl boots is that most of them provide the same comfort that regular boots do, or atleast in my experience. They don't have as much lasting ability either. The boots I have were used on the flightline a year after I was born, and were given to me by my squadron a year ago. They were not new looking, but they were still in perfect condition quality wise.

DakRadz

Quote from: stillamarine on March 09, 2012, 02:57:05 AM
To wear once a week? Nope not worth it.

Respectfully, I followed this for over a year because my boots were free- why get new? Only wore em once a week, and they felt good enough.

Went to encampment, didn't know my boots were two sizes too small, and almost ended up in the ER because as a scared cadet I didn't want to get sent home from encampment for having a small foot problem and small boots.

Ended up being a BIG foot problem and small boots.

Now I have a pair that, while admittedly a gift, are about $100. Wear them for Fire class, duty night, pizza delivery job, and CAP. Worth the money.

Perez

Right now I'm wearing a pair of $30 jungle boots, which are completely falling apart. I'm looking to get something sporty that I can use for PJOC, maybe a pair of Adidas GSG 9.2s or Altama Exospeed IIs. Any suggestions?
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

AngelWings

The Exospeeds are pretty nice but I've seen atleast four sets in my JROTC battalions supply room that had eyelets/vent holes popping out. I'd go for Bates 8" steel toe side zip boots or Bellevilles 220 Trop. Both boots are strong and have steel toes, which is always a plus for high adventure experiences with PJ's ;). Sadly, all pairs of boots are near/over $100. It's worth the money, though. I wear belleville boots for JROTC, and they've been amazing. I wear Bates and Altama (I switch out the pairs so my Altama all leather jungles are ready for field use just in case) with CAP, and both pairs are amazing as well.

niferous

Corcoran Troopers or field boots. I also have a pair of Altama jungle boots.
Any advice I give is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Spartan

I like my Corcoran field boots.  They've held up pretty well for the last 4 years and they look good.