Aerospace Journey Of Flight Online Test question

Started by talldude, January 20, 2014, 10:02:26 PM

talldude

Which CAP Aerospace Journey Of Flight Online Tests has the easiest test to take, WITH STUDYING, of the following chapters:

Chapters 1, 7 and 8 Test,
      Chapters 2, 9 and 10 Test,
      Chapters 3, 18 and 19 Test,
      Chapters 4, 21 and 23 Test,   
      Chapters 5, 24 and 25 Test,   
       or Chapters 6, 26 and 27 Test?

This test is all I need to take to reach my next achievement (other than the promotion board).   C

I try to encourage / help my Cadets select progressively harder tests (such as skipping Module 2 of the AE Module's 2nd edition tests, until later, because of my personal experience with this test.)

My objective for this post is to get feedback from members with experience in these tests.
C/2d Lt TallDude..

NIN

Didn't I just suggest that cadets aren't very good at the long game?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

talldude

I don't understand what you mean by this, sir.

What is the long game??
C/2d Lt TallDude..

jeders

Quote from: talldude on January 20, 2014, 10:11:45 PM
I don't understand what you mean by this, sir.

What is the long game??

Exactly.

Seriously though, the fact that you are asking this means that you haven't really studied any of the information. If you want to take the test cold, then just pick a test at random; they'll all be equally difficult to pass without knowing the information. Otherwise, go study the material then take the test.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

talldude

Okay, I didn't explain this well enough...

Which CAP Aerospace Journey Of Flight Online Tests has the easiest test to take with studying.

Is that better? ???
C/2d Lt TallDude..

jeders

Quote from: talldude on January 20, 2014, 11:06:49 PM
Okay, I didn't explain this well enough...

Which CAP Aerospace Journey Of Flight Online Tests has the easiest test to take with studying.

Is that better? ???

Yes, that's a better structured question; not a better question, but at least we understand more precisely what you want. If you study, they should all be equally easy to pass. It's not like it was with chapters 2 and 6 of the old Aerospace: Flight of Discovery textbook.

That being said, when I was a C/2d Lt I took and passed the first test without ever opening the book, so YMMV.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

talldude

Thank you.

I try to encourage / help my Cadets select progressively harder tests (such as skipping Module 2 of the AE Module's 2nd edition tests, until later, because of my personal experience with this test.)

My objective for this post is to get feedback from members with experience in these tests.
C/2d Lt TallDude..

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: talldude on January 20, 2014, 11:42:55 PM
Thank you.

If the goal is to LEARN the information, not to Take-and-Forget, then what are you really accomplishing? This will just bite you in the ass later. The Mitchell and Earhart AE is the same - based on the 6 modules. So why not learn and remember, so that you don't get snagged on those like 2/3rd of Mitchell cadets already do.

Oh boy, here I go again, hurting poor cadets' feelings by not simply answering their questions and telling them to learn the material. Where's the Defenders of The Civil Air Patrol at? Someone throw my name out on the CAPMeme/YKYICAPW as a giant anti-cadet troll. Quick!

talldude

I was really hoping for Cadets with experience on this topic to reply..
C/2d Lt TallDude..

vento

Bear in mind that everybody learns at a different pace. What is deemed difficult to you may be a piece of cake for the cadet next to you.

talldude

C/2d Lt TallDude..

SamFranklin

To the OP, the C/2d Lt, I think you're asking a good question and trying to save the most challenging material for later. That's a good study tactic.

I don't have firsthand experience with those tests but I do know that each set of tests corresponds to one of the Dimensions modules, so if your experience is that Module 2 is the most challenging, then save the test set that relates to Module 2 until last. I found this table in the "ranks" section of the CAP website. Looks like test #2 is the one that relates to Module #2.

CAP Test 63    
Corresponding Module in    Study chapters in
Test Number    Aerospace Dimensions    Aerospace: The Journey of Flight
1    1 – Introduction to Flight    1, 7, 8
2    2 – Aircraft Systems & Airports    2, 9, 10
3    3 – Air Environment    3, 18, 19
4    4 – Rockets    4, 21, 23
5    5 – Space Environment    5, 24, 25
6    6 – Spacecraft    6, 26, 27

Huey Driver

From the tests which I've taken, I think they're all the same, difficulty-wise.

However, in my case, I'm finishing up my PPL and have interests in history and meteorology, so tests 1, 2, and 3 come easier to me. Likewise, my friend who loves space is much better in the 4, 5, and 6 tests. Naturally, you should test better on subjects within your interests.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: talldude on January 21, 2014, 01:26:25 AM
I was really hoping for Cadets with experience on this topic to reply..

Actually you asked for members with experience. As a testing officer, and a former cadet who DID take these tests, you got one answer.

talldude

Quote from: SamFranklin on January 21, 2014, 02:04:41 AM
To the OP, the C/2d Lt, I think you're asking a good question and trying to save the most challenging material for later. That's a good study tactic.

I don't have firsthand experience with those tests but I do know that each set of tests corresponds to one of the Dimensions modules, so if your experience is that Module 2 is the most challenging, then save the test set that relates to Module 2 until last. I found this table in the "ranks" section of the CAP website. Looks like test #2 is the one that relates to Module #2.

CAP Test 63    
Corresponding Module in    Study chapters in
Test Number    Aerospace Dimensions    Aerospace: The Journey of Flight
1    1 – Introduction to Flight    1, 7, 8
2    2 – Aircraft Systems & Airports    2, 9, 10
3    3 – Air Environment    3, 18, 19
4    4 – Rockets    4, 21, 23
5    5 – Space Environment    5, 24, 25
6    6 – Spacecraft    6, 26, 27
Quote from: JerseyCadet on January 21, 2014, 02:25:09 AM
From the tests which I've taken, I think they're all the same, difficulty-wise.

However, in my case, I'm finishing up my PPL and have interests in history and meteorology, so tests 1, 2, and 3 come easier to me. Likewise, my friend who loves space is much better in the 4, 5, and 6 tests. Naturally, you should test better on subjects within your interests.
Thank you gentlemen for your understanding and input.   :)
C/2d Lt TallDude..

a2capt

From the tests I've given cadets over the years, and the scores I see coming through online, it's hit and miss. Boils down to what the cadets' strong points are.

vento

Quote from: talldude on January 21, 2014, 01:42:49 AM

The best feedback you can get is actually by talking to your own cadets and finding out individually what he/she is good at. You are doing a diservice to your cadets when you generalize the test and try to put it in order of difficulty based on our inputs.

In order for what you are attempting here to be significant and effective, you will need a rather large sample base. Of which I doubt you will ever get at CAP Talk.

LSThiker

Quote from: vento on January 21, 2014, 04:02:48 AM
In order for what you are attempting here to be significant and effective, you will need a rather large sample base. Of which I doubt you will ever get at CAP Talk.

Even if you did have a good sample population, once you run the numbers for p value, I bet all the tests would have insignificant differences.