Main Menu

Kudos to FLWG LG

Started by Stonewall, December 13, 2008, 03:35:56 AM

Stonewall

Fastest turn around time for a CAP drivers license, EVAR!!!!

Filled out the FLWG Form 3 yesterday and had my CC sign it.  Photo copied my state DL front & back along with my USAF DL for good measure and faxed it this morning at 11:15.  Got a .pdf copy via email at 20:45.  9 hours and 30 minutes in a wing as big as FL.  Now that's service.

A little more than a year ago I had to pay for a copy of my motor vehicle record, fill out a form, get my CC to sign it and mailed it in to wing.  Never heard back from them.

Can I get a litlte hooah?  HOOAH!!!
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

HOOAH!!!

My wing's been able to get the abstracts at no cost for a while as well, that's $15 in my state.

Anything that saves us time and money gets my vote.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 13, 2008, 03:44:37 AM
HOOAH!!!

My wing's been able to get the abstracts at no cost for a while as well, that's $15 in my state.

Yeah, the new FLWG Form 3 (Oct 08) dictates that the wing will acquire a MVR for you at no cost.
Serving since 1987.

shorning

For someone that's not going to be too involved in CAP for the foreseeable future, you sure are moving in the opposite direction...

...just sayin'...

JoeTomasone

Quote from: shorning on December 13, 2008, 03:55:32 AM
For someone that's not going to be too involved in CAP for the foreseeable future, you sure are moving in the opposite direction...

...just sayin'...

I think we'll be able to cancel the intervention we planned and RTB the kidnap aircraft.   :D

Hill CAP

Had same results when I applied here in FLWG as well short a time delay cause for some reason my FLWG email account wasn't forwarding the stuff like it should have been to my gmail account
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

Duke Dillio

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I sent my paperwork in over a year ago and still haven't seen a card......

PHall

Quote from: Sqn72DO on December 13, 2008, 06:26:53 AM
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I sent my paperwork in over a year ago and still haven't seen a card......

Well then that's your own fault for not following up on your request.

If you don't hear anything within 45 days then it's time to be a pest.

Stonewall

Quote from: shorning on December 13, 2008, 03:55:32 AM

...just sayin'...

I attended my squadron's Christmas party on Thursday, something I've done as often as possible, even when I lived outside of FLWG and would come down to visit my 'rents.  I saw that we had a van, I'm guessing a new one, and thought I'd try for a CAP DL again.  My wife renewed my membership for 2 years (without my knowledge) because she saw the notice and paid it like she pays all the bills.  I'm not anti-CAP, but I did plan on not renewing.  Perhaps my new job where I'm the boss with a flexible schedule and the fact that my wife renewed my membership is a sign.  Not jumping into anything, but I'm not running away (anymore) either.

...just sayin'...  ;D
Serving since 1987.

Laplace

:'(  A LG getting thanks!.  Think I'm going to cry........    We are often forgotten about.   Thanks  :clap:

I don't think our Wing has one day turnaround, but we are a lot quicker than in the past.  I may need to shoot your LG an e-mail and talk.

AlphaSigOU

Now if Texas Wing will do the same...
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

tarheel gumby

HOOAH!   FLWG must have on the ball now, back when I was in FLWG I applied for a DL and didn't get it until I had gotten married and did not renew, back in 1988. :clap:
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001