Stolen Valor Conviction Overturned

Started by Гугл переводчик, January 13, 2016, 03:34:45 PM

Holding Pattern

You have to deliver 120 Liters of Prop Wash to NHQ before you can post again?

ON topic, I've now read the full story and opinion.

While this was reversed, the genius in question did some extra silly things like apperantly forging a DD-214.  :o

He may not be punished for wearing medals not earned, but he certainly was for that one.

THRAWN

But only if you hop from grid square to grid square on one foot...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

CAPDCCMOM

^^^ You are put in charge of all Cadet Over night Activities for a year and have to take all calls from the mother of Cadet Mommy's Precious Snowflake for 2 years or until you figure out how to 2b the little........

CAPDCCMOM

On topic. I am really upset by this ruling. It feels as if the Court has no respect for the Decorations or to the men and women that have earned them.

THRAWN

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on January 14, 2016, 09:31:35 PM
On topic. I am really upset by this ruling. It feels as if the Court has no respect for the Decorations or to the men and women that have earned them.

That's where you are misreading this. They're saying that you can't phony up for personal gain. Wanna wear grandpa's Spanish American War medals and say that San Juan Hill isn't over? Do it, but don't try to scam a free cuppa from Starbucks or use it to get a woman to date you. John Lennon used to wear a utility shirt with the 2ID SSI on it. Did that take away from the prestige of the division?
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Holding Pattern

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on January 14, 2016, 09:31:35 PM

Think of it this way... It isn't that they disrespect those things... it is that they respect the Constitution (that our soldiers have sworn to defend) at a higher level than the decorations in question.

Our judges have a healthy respect of the law, the people who serve it, and the people whom the law is supposed to serve. Unfortunately, this is a case of a well intentioned law that went too far. A law which they mention was amended by congress, but this guy was convicted under the old law, so the old law had to be tried in court.

Garibaldi

My personal opinion is that those who fought and won will out the ones that pretended to charge to Baghdad, and take care of it from there. For the rest of us...well, as long as we don't look like this feller, I think we're OK.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/photo-2cropped.jpg
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Damron

It's good to be king.  Public threats of discipline?  Interesting and classy approach. 

Would our friend be comfortable sending a letter to Boorda's two kids and three grandkids, all of which served in the armed forces, suggesting that their father's suicide was honorable?  I can provide an address to our friend.

Words have consequences.  I call somebody out for their inaccurate, insensitive, and  disrespectful post and I'm the bull in the china shop?

Carry on.

THRAWN

Quote from: Damron on January 15, 2016, 02:12:30 AM
It's good to be king.  Public threats of discipline?  Interesting and classy approach. 

Would our friend be comfortable sending a letter to Boorda's two kids and three grandkids, all of which served in the armed forces, suggesting that their father's suicide was honorable?  I can provide an address to our friend.

Words have consequences.  I call somebody out for their inaccurate, insensitive, and  disrespectful post and I'm the bull in the china shop?

Carry on.

Admiral Boorda.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Damron

Yes, I know his rank. He was a family friend.