Cadet Tracking Report

Started by bsample, November 12, 2021, 12:04:40 AM

bsample

I use the Cadet Tracking Report (with scores) to see where they are in getting to their next promotion. I would print them out, about once a week, and discuss with the cadets what they needed for they next promotion. Well, I used too. Over the last few weeks, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to print the reports out. More along the lines of I can't find where to print them. I've looked in all the Cadet Programs menu and the Reports menu.
With the changes on the cadet side, I'm afraid this report was removed.

Has anyone else been able to find the report?

Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon

SarDragon

In the Reports Menu, there's a selection for Cadet Promotions. Are you seeing that? Do you have the proper permissions for that report - Admin, Pers, Dep Cdr Cadets, Cadet Programs, or assistant to any of these (I think I got them all)?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TheSkyHornet

eServices > Menu > Cadet Programs > Cadet Promotions

Cadet Promotions > Data Entry/Accomplishments

Accomplishments > Cadet Promotions Track

Search by Organization > Select Your Unit > Order by Name > Filter Report or Export to Excel

bsample

@SarDragon I'm the DCC, so I have the permissions.

@TheSkyHornet  I already had come across this report. From what you're telling me, they've done away with the Cadet Tracking Report (with scores). Figures... government.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: bsample on November 15, 2021, 11:35:05 PM@SarDragon I'm the DCC, so I have the permissions.

*CDC, not DCC

Quote@TheSkyHornet  I already had come across this report. From what you're telling me, they've done away with the Cadet Tracking Report (with scores). Figures... government.

CAP/NHQ isn't government...

That same report shows the scores as well. You can see them in the eServices filtered report as well as the Excel download.

bsample

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 16, 2021, 02:39:30 PM
Quote from: bsample on November 15, 2021, 11:35:05 PM@SarDragon I'm the DCC, so I have the permissions.

*CDC, not DCC

Yes, I know. Fingers...

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 16, 2021, 02:39:30 PMCAP/NHQ isn't government...

That same report shows the scores as well. You can see them in the eServices filtered report as well as the Excel download.

And, yes, I know CAP isn't government. I work for the local government and is no where near as complicated as CAP.
But, it's not the same report. With the older report, I could look at it in about 5 seconds and tell the cadets what they needed to advance. This report takes longer. The less steps, the better (in my opinion). Last meeting, I printed this report, which took 9 pages to print compared to 1.

My apologies if I come off... disgruntled (just frustrated). Hence, why the wife usually speaks because she says I sound rude. lol
That, and I hate text communication because of the inability to "read" the tone of one's sentences.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: bsample on November 17, 2021, 07:14:50 PMBut, it's not the same report. With the older report, I could look at it in about 5 seconds and tell the cadets what they needed to advance. This report takes longer. The less steps, the better (in my opinion). Last meeting, I printed this report, which took 9 pages to print compared to 1.

I have no disagreement. I'm not a fan of where the new report is located; although, I do like how I can also view it directly in eServices without needing to download the file. It makes it easier for me via mobile device.

One of the most common questions I'm being asked these days is where to find this tracking information that once used to exist. It's exceedingly difficult to find, and in the number of steps that I type out, I would find myself not reading the entire process.

Paul Kretschmar

The Excel option for the report is incomplete, as it does not show any of the interactive module completions.  I just noticed that a cadet completed them, but while it is in the display in eServices, there is no indication of it in the Excel option.  And I haven't seen it updated in CAPWATCH.  So much for being able to pull the data into a spreadsheet to be able to build my own easy to read reports to see which cadets are near completion.  Manually analyzing that online report for 40+ cadets to see who is close to what is a PITA.

I've opened a ticket to the help desk.  (UPDATE - They say it is on their backlog.)
Capt Paul Kretschmar, CAP
Chester County Composite Squadron
Squadron Commander