TLC (Training Leaders for Cadets)

Started by adamblank, August 15, 2007, 08:51:02 PM

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 21, 2007, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: arajca on August 16, 2007, 01:28:46 PM
If you're willing to take on the director/project officer role, I would think wing would be happy to let you, even if you aren't CP rated.
I thought I saw where you had to have a CP Master as the director..beside, I would think that you would at least want your director and instructors to have the course already.

Not necessarily, I am about to teach my second TLC, and I am only Tech rated in CP.  The First TLC I taught, I flew Curt LaFond in and he helped.

Duke Dillio

I helped teach one in Colorado when I was Tech rated.  I was also going through the course at the time.  It's kindof like a big long discussion type of thing where you really get everyone involved.  I enjoyed it more than most of the other PD stuff that I have had to go through.

floridacyclist

Found what I was looking for on the main TLC page at national.. http://www.cap.gov/tlc

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can lead TLC?
A senior who is master-rated in the Cadet Programs specialty track should serve as the Course Director. If possible, instructors should be master-rated too, or have graduated from TLC.

Who picks the Course Director?
The commander of the hosting unit selects the Course Director.

Can my squadron conduct TLC on its own?
No. To expose students to diverse leadership practices and success stories from different squadrons, TLC is conducted at the group level or higher.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 21, 2007, 10:23:46 PM
Found what I was looking for on the main TLC page at national.. http://www.cap.gov/tlc

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can lead TLC?
A senior who is master-rated in the Cadet Programs specialty track should serve as the Course Director. If possible, instructors should be master-rated too, or have graduated from TLC.

Who picks the Course Director?
The commander of the hosting unit selects the Course Director.

Can my squadron conduct TLC on its own?
No. To expose students to diverse leadership practices and success stories from different squadrons, TLC is conducted at the group level or higher.

Can't really disagree with you but going by the FAQ's we'd been hosed....

As the DCP for the Wing I had to make a choice, host the TLC or pass it off to someone else who is already over staffed and overburdened.

Also my wing CC asked me to do it, with the help of LaFond, who we flew in for this course.

A few items of thought though, this time we are doing it all one day, with the second day being focused on D&C for 1/2 of the day, and SIMS Familizariation of the last half.

Duke Dillio

Just a thought but for my SLS and TLC, we brought in THE SME on SIMS.  Of course, that was in Colorado where he lives but you guys might consider flying him in for the fun.  The presentation he gave was great and I learned a lot about the program.