TLC (Training Leaders for Cadets)

Started by adamblank, August 15, 2007, 08:51:02 PM

adamblank

All,

I am trying to accomplish this class.  Does anyone have any information as to dates or locations for this class?  I have searched the national information page and on their national schedule I only saw 1 listing. 

Thank you,

Adam
Adam Brandao

JC004

dwb

TLCs are few and far between, unfortunately.  Ask your Wing Director of Professional Development if there are any in the works.

I wanted one so bad, I ran one myself. ;D

arajca

Colorado. Oct 6-7, 2007. Buckley AFB.

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on August 15, 2007, 08:55:50 PM
one in PAWG soon...date TBA...

I hope somewhere more "centralized" than Philadephia.  I know the Wing leadership and everyone who is everyone is from Phily, but come on!  Lets move this junk around the state.  I am so sick of driving 5 hours to attend something that is called centralized, when in fact it is only an hour away from Phily. 

I need my TLC!  Out west.  COLGAN......go!
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 15, 2007, 09:37:56 PM

I hope somewhere more "centralized" than Philadephia.  I know the Wing leadership and everyone who is everyone is from Phily, but come on!  Lets move this junk around the state.  I am so sick of driving 5 hours to attend something that is called centralized, when in fact it is only an hour away from Phily. 

First, you need more roads out there to make it more efficient.  Second, we are holding it out here for the sole purpose of making you drive.  I already arranged that with the Director.  There will, however, be a beer on the other end for you.

CadetProgramGuy

Last weekend in September in Nebraska.

Tubacap

Quote from: JC004 on August 15, 2007, 09:47:45 PM

First, you need more roads out there to make it more efficient.  Second, we are holding it out here for the sole purpose of making you drive.  I already arranged that with the Director.  There will, however, be a beer on the other end for you.

Does the same hold true for the SLS that you hacked into my outlook and switched to a band gig weekend??
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on August 15, 2007, 09:58:09 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 15, 2007, 09:47:45 PM

Does the same hold true for the SLS that you hacked into my outlook and switched to a band gig weekend??

Abso-freaking-lutey.

jimmydeanno

First, I'd like to say that it is probably more practical to put the area in which you are looking for this course.  If you are in HI, you probably aren't going to go to one in ME.

But anyway, there is one being held in November in New Hampshire Wing on the 17th & 18th.  The TLC will be conducted at NHWG headquarters beginning at 0830-1630 on both Saturday and Sunday.  Address same as below.

Your CAPF 17 would be due for it by 01NOV07 to the following address:

51 Airport Road
Concord, NH 03301
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

adamblank

It would be true to identify which area I would be in.  However, it is helpful to know what wings are offering the course throughout the country because a few people might need to know.  Colorado here I come!

Adam
Adam Brandao

Cecil DP

Florida Wing has one over the weekend of Aug 25/26. Coral Springs Squadron
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

floridacyclist

I was about to post that one. I'm holding out for one in GA, AL, or MS so it will be close enough to attend.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Cecil DP

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 16, 2007, 02:52:29 AM
I was about to post that one. I'm holding out for one in GA, AL, or MS so it will be close enough to attend.

I know what you mean, 700 miles round trip from J'ville and the cost of 2 nights in a motel. If I could have found one in eastern GA I'd have done it.

Mike M.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

arajca

Quote from: adamblank on August 15, 2007, 11:44:54 PM
Colorado here I come!

Adam
If you're serious, PM me. I'm the Project Officer.

floridacyclist

I wish it was only 700 miles for me...closer to 1,000. Would have been a lot closer to go to the national conference.

In fact, I just picked up the van for a weekend training mission, and it only has 500 more miles on it since Col Bishop picked it up last week before the conference.

What would it take to try to get one in a particular area of the state? Do you have to recruit for it like an SLS? Can you have a project officer who is not the course director? In other words, can I as a non-CP officer line up all the required folks (including the master-CP) and send an email to wing requesting that we be allowed to do this?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

arajca

If you're willing to take on the director/project officer role, I would think wing would be happy to let you, even if you aren't CP rated.

Capt M. Sherrod

There is one in the planning stages for 27/28 October in MA - Hanscom AFB.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

afgeo4

Thanks... I may end up going to that one since my TLC is of the old kind (not very informational).
GEORGE LURYE

floridacyclist

Quote from: arajca on August 16, 2007, 01:28:46 PM
If you're willing to take on the director/project officer role, I would think wing would be happy to let you, even if you aren't CP rated.
I thought I saw where you had to have a CP Master as the director..beside, I would think that you would at least want your director and instructors to have the course already.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org