Main Menu

Got started

Started by abdsp51, January 17, 2012, 09:06:48 PM

abdsp51

Stopped by the local unit last night and picked up paperwork.  I'm on my way to rejoing and have a good chunk of the info i need and now it's putting the paperwork together and gathering up all the other fun stuff as well.  I'm hoping it will be much more pleasant this time around.

RogueLeader

Great.  Welcome back.  :D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

Thanks i still have a ways to go.  DMV record, photos, fingerprints, letters, questionaires and a board but so far so good.

Extremepredjudice

welcome sir!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

abdsp51

Thanks I've got a good idea on a specialty track already, though that could change.  It's a little shocking how things have changed.

JK657

abdsp51

abdsp51

It's taken nearly a month but I have everything needed to submit the packet on Mon. Then it will be meet with a membership board and send it all off to NHQ. 

abdsp51

Paper work has been turned and now waiting on it to goto NHQ.   

Patterson

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 17, 2012, 10:02:41 PM
Thanks i still have a ways to go.  DMV record, photos, fingerprints, letters, questionaires and a board but so far so good.

Seriously...all that material to join?  I have never heard of prospects needing so much "stuff" to join.  Is this for all new members in your unit or just reinstatement of grade, etc.?

abdsp51

Patterson, I have had a huge break.  I left in 98 and my former occupation and other things didn't afford alot of oppurtunities to do alot with anything.  I'll keep why was earned previously however this was processed as a new membership. 

Can anyone tell me what out of my PME can be applied for credit here?  My PME has Ben ALS and NCOA.

Private Investigator

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 17, 2012, 09:06:48 PMI'm hoping it will be much more pleasant this time around.

Why?

SarDragon

Geez - give the guy a break.

He was out. He's coming back. He has some hoops to jump through.

DMV record - needs for a CAP DL, good to have ; photos - yup, for ID card; fingerprints - we all know about that; letters - no big deal, recommendation(s) for a membership board, specifically if working with cadets; questionaires - interests , skills, expectations, my unit has one for new members, and another for prospects; a board - pretty much required these days.

I'll bet the unit has very few problems with problem members, cuz they never get in, in the first place.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

EMT-83

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 15, 2012, 05:11:56 AM
Patterson, I have had a huge break.  I left in 98 and my former occupation and other things didn't afford alot of oppurtunities to do alot with anything.  I'll keep why was earned previously however this was processed as a new membership. 

Can anyone tell me what out of my PME can be applied for credit here?  My PME has Ben ALS and NCOA.

Check CAPR 50-17, Attachment 2.

abdsp51

Paperwork mailed today. Still pitching around a secondary specialty track, but I'll find something.

And there some hoops yes the hardest thing was waiting on the letters to be written.

And in regards to it being more pleasant this time lets just say there was a personality conflict and alot of politics involved when I was last in.

Private Investigator

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 15, 2012, 11:33:18 PM
And in regards to it being more pleasant this time lets just say there was a personality conflict and alot of politics involved when I was last in.

Check out the nearest three Units, the Unit across the block from you might not be a good fit. That solves personality issues.

Politics is just that. Over the years I have been in several Units. Due to a job move I had to go to a Squadron after being Wing Staff and previously in Command assignments. I am now Assistant Fire Watch and keeper of the coffee pot. Do I worry about that? No, I just go about being the best Fire Watch I can be and the coffee is always ready to go at the start of the meeting.

abdsp51

PI back then i did look at other units and I wasnt licensed to drive then.  And I know politics can be found anywhere but given the scope of it there, wasn't worth my efforts anymore.

Private Investigator

It is a learning experience and lots of things are not worth the effort that is why divorce is legal.

Welcome back and have fun.

Fearthehog

Welcome Back to CAP! I'm sure a lot has changed since you were in.

abdsp51

Just got put into the system today after a follow up email and a couple of phone calls.  :)