National Staff College 2011

Started by AdAstra, June 15, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

AlphaSigOU

Already got my acceptance letter, paid for NSC and getting the plane tickets for the LAS-MGM flight. (I'm already on vacation from the rock.)

Hope to see more CAPTalkers there!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

a2capt

Kinda weird, it's at the Courtyard, 'bout 9 miles from Maxwell. I guess there was a bit to the "we're not sure if it's going to happen this year, we can't get space.. '

I guess we'll find out of the whole thing is happening off base, too. The meals will be more costly. ;-)

LGM30GMCC

Since they are consolidating and lengthening USAF Officer training (Getting rid of ASBC, etc) and all ROTC field training is at Maxwell now, things can get a bit crowded over at the SOC. It felt really weird being there and seeing tons of 2d Lts running around. They'd look confused and scurry off.  8)

Chappie

I was a student in the '01 NSC and on staff  ('06, '07, '08).  NSC is one of the best events for Senior Members in CAP.  The setting and the curriculum is outstanding.  The opportunities for networking is phenomenal.  I would return but my current work situation and CAP assignment hamstrings me because of time needed.  But I do plan to attend again in a couple of years from now.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)