badger bob

a short list of regulations and shortcuts

CAPR 67-1 the supply reg
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_082503074123.pdf

Table of Allowances- Supply
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_122903061132.pdf

Table of Allowances- Communications
availalbe on the non-public communications site

DRMO equipment available- Public Site- Note to requisition equipment you need a seperate login authorized by CAP-USAF on a different website
https://www.drms.dla.mil/asset/govealpa.html

DRMO Web Docs
Public site online PDF copies of 1348's both turnin and requisition
http://wex.drms.dla.mil/WebDocs/SearchDocuments

CAPR 173-4 Donations/ Fundraising
Be sure to check for any wing supplements
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_082503080700.pdf

Squadron SUI Guide
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_050504074212.doc

Wing Compliance Inspection/ Survey Audit Guide
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/CI_Guide.pdf
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

mynetdude

Thanks,

this is all a new wealth of information I can use :)

RogueLeader

Ditto.  Thanks, i've been looking for something like this.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jeders

So you've been looking for regs and publications which are on the "Forms and Publications" page of the National website?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: badger bob on February 10, 2008, 09:58:01 PM
a short list of regulations and shortcuts

I love looking at some of the stuff thats on the DRMO lists.  Theres some neat stuff on there.

PHall

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 11, 2008, 01:09:31 AM
I love looking at some of the stuff thats on the DRMO lists.  Theres some neat stuff on there.

And all you've got to do to get it is convince your State Director and your Wing Logistics Officer that you really need it.

Just remember one thing about DRMO, this is where the military sends stuff that is either worn out or is in bad enough condition that nobody on that base wants it.

You basically get what you pay for....

jimmydeanno

Quote from: PHall on February 11, 2008, 01:51:10 AM
Just remember one thing about DRMO, this is where the military sends stuff that is either worn out or is in bad enough condition that nobody on that base wants it.

I would agree that a lot of the stuff that goes to DRMO is junk, but our local ANG unit sends uniforms to DRMO that are practically new or in really good condition.  Occasionally, some of them don't make it on the truck  :) and wind up being worn by our cadets.  You figure that if a traditional guardsman gets a new set of uniforms each year, they've really only been worn about 20 times - but they get multiple pairs...

I think DRMO is awesome!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 11, 2008, 01:09:31 AM

And all you've got to do to get it is convince your State Director and your Wing Logistics Officer that you really need it.

I know.  All I have to do is talk to Badger Bob, creator of this thread.  And what's better?  WI is a test wing that gets to cut our own mil strips! Bye bye waiting periods

mynetdude

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 11, 2008, 01:55:00 AM

I would agree that a lot of the stuff that goes to DRMO is junk, but our local ANG unit sends uniforms to DRMO that are practically new or in really good condition.  Occasionally, some of them don't make it on the truck  :) and wind up being worn by our cadets.  You figure that if a traditional guardsman gets a new set of uniforms each year, they've really only been worn about 20 times - but they get multiple pairs...

I think DRMO is awesome!

Thats a lot of uniforms to go through per a guardsman if they are practically still new if you ask me a bit of a waste but thats not the point.  If they are still new like that when DRMO gets them, I'll bet they are earmarked for retention to reuse within their actives and they'll take back the really worn out ones and send them to CAP.

I haven't found anything we could use from DRMO yet, not that we need anything right now either.

badger bob

Quote from: &#9824;SARKID&#9824; on February 11, 2008, 01:59:11 AM
Quote from: &#9824;SARKID&#9824; on February 11, 2008, 01:09:31 AM

I know.  All I have to do is talk to Badger Bob, creator of this thread.  And what's better?  WI is a test wing that gets to cut our own mil strips! Bye bye waiting periods

Easy there Dan.

Remember the paperwork and procedures.
The DRMO is not your local WalMart. You can't always order 2 of this and three of that.

Each request has to be initiated and justified by your friendly wing supply officer, approved by CAP-NHQ LG, then approved by your wing CAP-USAF state director, then approved by the regional CAP-USAF LG.

Then the total request has to justify burning a $100 in gas to move it from the DRMO to Wing Supply and then to the squadron.

Some wings are fortunate enough to be near a major base or major DRMO. Other wings need to travel hundreds of miles to pickup or return equipment
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

♠SARKID♠

Easy there Dan.

Remember the paperwork and procedures.
The DRMO is not your local WalMart. You can't always order 2 of this and three of that.

Each request has to be initiated and justified by your friendly wing supply officer, approved by CAP-NHQ LG, then approved by your wing CAP-USAF state director, then approved by the regional CAP-USAF LG.

Then the total request has to justify burning a $100 in gas to move it from the DRMO to Wing Supply and then to the squadron.

Some wings are fortunate enough to be near a major base or major DRMO. Other wings need to travel hundreds of miles to pickup or return equipment

Oh, I'm fully aware of all of that.  But we still get our stuff faster than anyone else.

Free + efficient makes me [filled with glee]

Edit: last line ...we're a family site, d00d. -TA

mikeylikey

^ I used to walk into DRMO each week, pull the numbers off the items I wanted, call my Region AF LG (some NCO), and I did the paperwork, faxed for a signature, and walked out within an hour with what the wing needed. 

Doing it on line would only save me a few minutes.  I had the system down perfect.  Doing it all on line would not allow me the opportunity to actually tear apart the items I wanted to make sure they were not crap.

On a side note, I screen on line now in the Army.  About once a month I head to DRMO with the Army Civilian assigned to the ROTC Battalion, and we pickup some cool stuff.  Granted there is stuff we don't need, and have piles of junk everywhere, but I do make some good finds.  I hate taking stuff back to DRMO though.  We were to turn in BDU's when all the Cadets got brand new ACU's last year.  I called the local CAP units and did a "lateral transfer".  If I would have taken the BDU's to DRMO, CAP would not have been able to get them.  I "went around" the DRMO system, thus freeing the uniforms up for CAP.  I am such a HERO!
What's up monkeys?

♠SARKID♠

^Yeah, we've never had a problem with uniforms.  We have tons and tons of uniforms in our supply cage, of every kind.  Blues, BDU's, flight suits, parkas, poplin, trenches, boots, covers, everything.  Often, when I was supply sergeant, we'd go into the cage and find huge trashbags of uniforms we didnt even ask for.  All handed down from DRMO.

mynetdude

My squadron has tons of boxes of uniforms and boots, we didn't/don't get much parkas/cold winter coats and such though because we were getting our stuff directly from the Kingsley ANG rather than through DRMO in Ft Lewis but now we can't even do that anymore.

TankerT

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 11, 2008, 05:11:11 AM
^Yeah, we've never had a problem with uniforms.  We have tons and tons of uniforms in our supply cage, of every kind.  Blues, BDU's, flight suits, parkas, poplin, trenches, boots, covers, everything.  Often, when I was supply sergeant, we'd go into the cage and find huge trashbags of uniforms we didnt even ask for.  All handed down from DRMO.

Um.  I wouldn't exactly say "never" there short timer.  Twas a time that the uniform tree was bare.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: TankerT on February 11, 2008, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 11, 2008, 05:11:11 AM

Um.  I wouldn't exactly say "never" there short timer.  Twas a time that the uniform tree was bare.

I speak of during the time I've been in.