Main Menu

VAWG Personnel Directory

Started by Theodore, April 12, 2016, 02:02:50 AM

Theodore

Hello,
Can someone post the VAWG Personnel Directory here? I cant find it.
Thanks.

Fubar

If you can't find the directory posted online, it's possible the wing leadership doesn't want their names, phone numbers, and email addresses publicly posted. Putting that information here would likely cause some trouble if they aren't looking to have that information publicly posted on the internet.

You'd be better off contacting your relevant squadron-level officer and letting them send whatever you need up and down to wing/group and back. For example, if you have a comm question, go to your squadron's communications officer. If he/she can't take care of the issue, let them be the one to contact wing/group.

What the wing comm guy probably doesn't want is emails from everyone in the wing that bypasses their unit-level comm guy/gal.

Theodore

I have to send him a Form though.

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

CAPDCCMOM

I would STRONGLY advise you to go through your CDC or Cadet Commander to get the information. Getting information online can get you into trouble. Solve issues at the lowest level possible, within your own Chain of Command.

Holding Pattern

Theodore,

I've noticed a trend in your posts where you begin with "I need X," and upon further questioning, it turns out that you did not in fact need X, but something else.

I strongly suggest you try changing your posting style to instead begin with explaining what you are trying to accomplish, and what the best way is of doing that.

This topic might instead have been:

"I need to get a form to someone in VAWG, but I don't have their contact information. What is my best course of action to solve this problem?"

This is superior to what you posted, because if someone reads your current first post in the wrong light, they might be wondering why you are asking people on the internet to violate the regulations regarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII.)

The post above mine is the best solution to your current problem, by the way:

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on April 12, 2016, 04:30:36 PM
I would STRONGLY advise you to go through your CDC or Cadet Commander to get the information. Getting information online can get you into trouble. Solve issues at the lowest level possible, within your own Chain of Command.

Tim Day

Quote from: Theodore on April 12, 2016, 04:13:44 PM
I have to send him a Form though.
Cadet Theodore,

If you need to contact your Deputy Commander for Cadets (CDC) and you are in Prince William Composite Squadron, for example, you can use PrinceWilliam-CDC@vawg.cap.gov or VA102-CDC@vawg.cap.gov. Lynchburg Composite Squadron would be Lynchburg-CDC@vawg.cap.gov or VA017-CDC@vawg.cap.gov. If you don't have any other contact information (your element leader or flight sergeant) your CDC will be the best place to start.

If you need to contact your Squadron Commander (CC), just change the CDC to CC. If contacting your CC, you should almost always copy your CDC, using the "cc" line on your email.  Most people here will help you out although you might get a few cranky responses. Don't worry about them - they are becoming fewer as people are starting to act a little more professional lately. However, it's best to get help from your squadron as much as possible because that will help you build relationships there and it also helps them get to know you better.

The other email addresses related to duty positions can be found at vawg.cap.gov/email-groups.

Also, if you want to see a listing of all VAWG personnel who have official email addresses, here's how you can do it.
1. Obtain a VAWG Email Address by going here: vawg.cap.gov/apps/#email
2. You'll receive your username and password via the email address you have in e-services as your primary contact.
3. Check out the directory under the contacts page.

I hope the form you are sending is your encampment application - if so I'll see you there. 
Tim Day
Lt Col CAP
Prince William Composite Squadron Commander

HGjunkie

Quote from: Tim Day on April 13, 2016, 01:00:21 PM
Most people here will help you out although you might get a few cranky responses. Don't worry about them - they are becoming fewer as people are starting to act a little more professional lately.

It's been too long in the making for this one.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF