CAP 75th Anniversary Logos

Started by TheSkyHornet, August 31, 2015, 05:29:39 PM

TheSkyHornet

Pleased to announce that the official logos for Civil Air Patrol's 75th Anniversary were selected from designs presented by GLR-OH-219.

CAP National Historian Col Frank Blazich announced yesterday that the two logos, one for lapel pins and posters and the other for challenge coins, were selected by NHQ, both designs coming from my own squadron, designed by our Public Affairs Officers and soon-to-be Squadron Commander 2d Lt Glenn Somodi.

winterg

I noticed these this weekend on the CAP History page. Very sharp looking. I will definitely be getting one of the coins. I am also happy to see the triangle and prop within the blue disc. Very nice!

Toth

Very nice, I might just be getting one of those posters for myself. Props for the great work (get it.... props  ;D)
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

NCRblues

Looks nice!

Anyone know what city is hosting the national conference 2016?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Alaric

Can't wait for the 75th anniversary to be over so we can actually concentrate on the mission, and how to keep CAP a relevant organization for the next 75 years.

SarDragon

Quote from: NCRblues on August 31, 2015, 10:12:44 PM
Looks nice!

Competent rumour has it: August 11-13, The Opryland Gaylord Conference Center and Resort in Nashville
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MisterCD

Eaker Guy

Anyone know if they can be used on memorandums?

MisterCD

NHQ hasn't crafted the guidance on yet, but I wish to get these and the optimized grey scale versions out within weeks or a month so they can be used on documents. I just ask people please be patient. 2Lt Somodi created these back in the fall of 2014 and they were not revealed until the National Conference this year, albeit without much fanfare, unfortunately.

Eaker Guy

Quote from: MisterCD on September 01, 2015, 01:26:28 AM
NHQ hasn't crafted the guidance on yet, but I wish to get these and the optimized grey scale versions out within weeks or a month so they can be used on documents. I just ask people please be patient. 2Lt Somodi created these back in the fall of 2014 and they were not revealed until the National Conference this year, albeit without much fanfare, unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply. I will wait patiently untill official guidance is sent out. Just wondering if I had missed something. ;)

Eaker Guy

Quote from: Toth on August 31, 2015, 05:51:30 PM
Very nice, I might just be getting one of those posters for myself. Props for the great work (get it.... props  ;D)

Haha. Props for the props joke!

Eaker Guy

Quote from: Alaric on August 31, 2015, 10:29:25 PM
Can't wait for the 75th anniversary to be over so we can actually concentrate on the mission, and how to keep CAP a relevant organization for the next 75 years.

+1

Always good to look at the past, but equally important to look ahead to the future.

MSG Mac

Quote from: NCRblues on August 31, 2015, 10:12:44 PM
Looks nice!

Nashville
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Panzerbjorn

Quote from: C/Maj Kiss on September 01, 2015, 02:40:56 AM

+1

Always good to look at the past, but equally important to look ahead to the future.

Technically, those logos ARE looking ahead to the future....2016.
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Fubar

Panache

Quote from: C/Maj Kiss on September 01, 2015, 02:39:40 AM
Quote from: Toth on August 31, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

Haha. Props for the props joke!

Seriously, though.  They're really sharp.  Great work!  Now, by the time the Big V actually designs a lapel pin for it, it'll be just in time for CAP's 100-year anniversary...

Eaker Guy

Quote from: Panzerbjorn on September 01, 2015, 04:15:08 AM

+1

Well if your going to be technical about it... Ok. To the future then!

ZigZag911

These are the nicest posters/branding/images CAP has developed in a LONG time...nicely done, Lieutenant!

Al Sayre

They look very nice indeed, but need the word "Years" or "Anniversary".   Otherwise the uninformed viewer has to do the mental math from the dates to realize what the 75 is about. 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Alaric

Quote from: Panzerbjorn on September 01, 2015, 04:15:08 AM

+1

Anniversaries are by definition a celebration of that which has gone before

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 02, 2015, 11:29:06 AM
They look very nice indeed, but need the word "Years" or "Anniversary".   Otherwise the uninformed viewer has to do the mental math from the dates to realize what the 75 is about.

1941-2016  :P  ;)

Now we're going to argue about whether this reflects the past or future.....  :clap:  ::)

Al Sayre

I know the dates are there, but think about it like you had never heard of Civil Air Patrol; what would you get from a 2 second glance at the poster?  Would you recognize that it is celebrating an anniversary milestone?   
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 02, 2015, 01:28:46 PM
I know the dates are there, but think about it like you had never heard of Civil Air Patrol; what would you get from a 2 second glance at the poster?  Would you recognize that it is celebrating an anniversary milestone?

Meh, I can see your point. To me, it isn't so much of an issue. Just my opinion though. You're welcome to yours.  :)

I'm just super proud to have the design from our own squadron staff to have been selected.  8)