Powered flight academy

Started by flyguy06, January 19, 2006, 02:54:20 PM

flyguy06

I was looking on the NCSA website for the powered flight academy. Does anyone know why they are not having on in Smyrna, TN like they always have? I was hoping to go this year and that was the closet one to me.

whatevah

you're a little late, aren't you?  NCSA applications ended on Dec 31st, and most wings have already completed their ranking process.

As for why?  could be any number of reasons, ranging from local distent to national boredom. :)

BTW, if you did forget to apply, there are several wings with their own flight academies.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Pylon

Quote from: whatevah
BTW, if you did forget to apply, there are several wings with their own flight academies.

New York Wing should be among them this year...
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

flyguy06

I am a Senior Member. I dont actually wantto participate in it. I just wanted to check it out to see what how it is set up. I am thinking of doing one similar at my squadron. I wont be doing any activities with CAP until June. I am currently overseas.

Pylon

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 24, 2006, 03:59:40 PM
I am a Senior Member. I dont actually wantto participate in it. I just wanted to check it out to see what how it is set up. I am thinking of doing one similar at my squadron. I wont be doing any activities with CAP until June. I am currently overseas.

It's certainly do-able, with sufficient interest.  If you have CAP cadets who want to learn to fly in your Wing, you could run the event with enough planning and support.

Just make sure you've got CFIs who can offer their time and enough CAP aircraft available.  Without those, well... it's just a ground school.   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP