Vanguard CAP Sword (pictures)

Started by JC004, August 29, 2007, 06:09:31 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: Major Lord on February 28, 2010, 02:32:36 PM
You know, I think there is a good argument for CAP's claim to piracy..We did prey on enemy shipping without any lawful authority to do so.....
I'm hoping you're joking about this.  Seeing as how we were being directed by our counties armed forces you couldn't even make a claim that we were privateers, much less pirates.

Dracosbane

I also don't think we "preyed" on enemy shipping, unless you're counting German U-boats as shipping vessels, which is a stretch. 

Unless there's some dark part of CAP's history that we're not being told. 

Those rogues.    >:D ;D

Major Lord

Quote from: RiverAux on February 28, 2010, 05:48:47 PM
Quote from: Major Lord on February 28, 2010, 02:32:36 PM
You know, I think there is a good argument for CAP's claim to piracy..We did prey on enemy shipping without any lawful authority to do so.....
I'm hoping you're joking about this.  Seeing as how we were being directed by our counties armed forces you couldn't even make a claim that we were privateers, much less pirates.

No, we were not privateers, we did not have letters of Marque, acting without any lawful authority to carry out war against our Country's enemies. We were just following orders, as the man said ( shortly before swinging from the yardarm at Nuremburg...) We were not really pirates either, since, although we preyed on the enemy, we did not do so for plunder or the usual perks of piracy. We were somewhere in between.( It would be an excellent source of fund raising if Congress would give us letters of Marque and Reprisal!)  I think the best we could hope for if caught by an enemy ( during the declared states of war) would have been to receive the status of volunteer, regular militia. Congress never authorized CAP to wage war, and if the enemy was aware that we did so and our status, shooting us out of hand would not be out of the question. Of course, in our new and improved "non-combatant and benevolent" role, dropping satchel charges on the enemy would likely see us stood against the wall as enemy agents without legal prerogatives. Kind of like what would happen to the Salvation Army if they started shooting at the enemy..... Now don't get me wrong, I think CAP should happily take up arms against Americas enemies if called to do so, but I know lots of people in CAP who did not sign up with that possibility in mind! FYI, a ship of war can be taken as prey, just as can enemy flag vessels.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Mustang

Quote from: MIKE on August 29, 2007, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: sandman on August 29, 2007, 09:00:22 PM
I like the idea of having this sword. Although a bit out of most individuals budgets especially individual squadrons, I could see a wing procuring several of these gems for an honor guard program.

Strictly verboten by CAPP 52-8.

Can't wait for the NCAC proposal authorizing their wear--for our bling-loving NCAC Chairman, at least.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Mustang on February 28, 2010, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: MIKE on August 29, 2007, 09:07:07 PM
Quote from: sandman on August 29, 2007, 09:00:22 PM
I like the idea of having this sword. Although a bit out of most individuals budgets especially individual squadrons, I could see a wing procuring several of these gems for an honor guard program.

Strictly verboten by CAPP 52-8.

Can't wait for the NCAC proposal authorizing their wear--for our bling-loving NCAC Chairman, at least.

Something against a cadet wearing awards that the organization he belongs to awarded him and says he can wear?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Mustang

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 28, 2010, 11:11:30 PM
Something against a cadet wearing awards that the organization he belongs to awarded him and says he can wear?

If it becomes a preoccupation, you bet. 
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

B.Kahuna

All the pictures of said cadet I've seen have been in service dress, when he's required by regs to wear all "bling."

heliodoc

AYEEEE   Matey   Where's me parrot?!!

Arrrgh Ayyee  how come these CAP swashbucklers can produce 9 pages of threads regarding me swords, arghhhhh

Major Lord

Many a scurvy cake has gone to Davey Jones' locker at the the point of me Air Force Rapier!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

N Harmon

I didn't know today was Talk Like a Pirate day.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron