CAP Members' Input Sought on Corporate Governance

Started by Ned, October 06, 2011, 05:54:48 PM

Ned

From the front page of the CAP Website.

"The Civil Air Patrol Board of Governors has contracted with BoardSource, an external consultant, to help identify and develop opportunities to strengthen our governance and improve our overall performance.  In order to achieve this, BoardSource has created an online survey tool for you, a stakeholder in our organization, to provide input as to the strengths and weaknesses of Civil Air Patrol's governance structure.  All survey responses will go directly to BoardSource where your input will be kept confidential.  The survey should take no longer than 15 minutes for you to complete.  If you are interested in participating in this survey please contact Gary Schneider at gschneider@capnhq.gov.  He will arrange for you to receive the survey.  The survey will be available to you until 16 October 2011.  We appreciate your willingness to participate and welcome your candid input. "

Ned Lee

NCRblues

Email sent, waiting on a reply. Cant wait to do this!

Thanks for coming through Ned!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

ZigZag911

Just sent my email, I'm looking forward to completing the survey.

Dad2-4

Email sent. It'll be interesting to see what's on the survey, and what is done with the data collected.

RiverAux

They might have thought of a better way to set things up.  Ideally that poor guy will be getting thousands of requests to participate in his email box which might get a little unwieldy....

arajca

Good point. If they can blast every member's email with announcements about the Fall NB meeting/conference. why not blast this out with a sign up link?

davidsinn

Quote from: arajca on October 07, 2011, 12:47:08 AM
Good point. If they can blast every member's email with announcements about the Fall NB meeting/conference. why not blast this out with a sign up link?

It hit the eservices RSS tonight.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

The CyBorg is destroyed

Another e-mail sent.

Good point though about the poor guy being inundated.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eeyore

I got a reply stating that I would be contacted shortly for the survey.  :)

coudano

Pre-thinking one guy being inundated with 60,000 emails is probably not nhq's strong suit on things like this

lol

I don't think their mailserver could even handle an event like that.
(not counting non-members and former-members who want to ask if they can participate)(they can't, btw)

If only 5,000 members email asking to participate,
and it takes only 30 seconds to forward their info to the survey
and shoot them a quick reply,
that's 2500 minutes which is... let's see...  41 hours
I guess that's a good way to burn every single waking  minute of a whole work week :)

Eclipse

It's also possible that the email address is a robot which will scrape the "from" off any message it is sent and generate a unique link to the survey system.
BoardSource has done this once or twice before.

OK, maybe it isn't.  I am at a loss as to why these would be sent directly to a real email address.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Quote from: edmo1 on October 07, 2011, 02:40:06 PM

So did I... did anyone get a link to the actual survey yet?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

davidsinn

Quote from: NCRblues on October 07, 2011, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: edmo1 on October 07, 2011, 02:40:06 PM

So did I... did anyone get a link to the actual survey yet?

All I've gotten so far is a reply saying my info had been forwarded.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Ned

Quote from: coudano on October 07, 2011, 02:45:01 PM
Pre-thinking one guy being inundated with 60,000 emails is probably not nhq's strong suit on things like this

Well, we were at a loss trying to estimate the number of members who would want to participate.  My WAG was that relatively few rank and file members at the squadron level would want to, but that a higher percentage of Wing and higher folks would.

And it goes without saying that nearly everyone on CAPTalk will want to.   8)

We'll just have to see.  The good news about on-line surveys is that they are relatively scalable, and it should be fairly easy to accomodate pretty much anyone who wants to play.

Ned Lee

arajca

An email blast (not just an RSS feed) with a link to sign up would probably get more participation. Or even a link to the survey. I'm sure that CAP could validate members appropriately when they sign up.

Extremepredjudice

Ok, since CAPNHQ is paying Boardsource to do this, why don't they make BoardSource handle the distribution?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Ned

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 07, 2011, 11:46:51 PM
Ok, since CAPNHQ is paying Boardsource to do this, why don't they make BoardSource handle the distribution?

As I mentioned in the other thread, we spent a lot of time and effort coming up with the mechanics for member input.  It turned out to be one of those "devil is in the details" things with the need to ensure that only members (as stakeholders) would have input, and then only once, while at the same time trying to assure the member that the input was confidential to Boardsource.

The system we came up with is not perfect, but will get the job done.  So far, it appears that everyone who has sent Gary and email has received a fairly prompt response.

I hope that everyone who wants to will share their thoughts with the contractor.

Ned Lee
Member at Large,
BoG

Dad2-4

RiverAux

Any enterprising CAPTalkers interested in searching out and posting links to the "best" CAPTalk threads on this issue? 

JeffDG

Whoever it is is doing some validation.

My response saying I would receive the survey shortly referred to me by grade...which I had neglected to mention in my mail...so he looked up my e-mail address and found out who I was.