Excellent quality of video feed at NB / National Board Aug '11

Started by cap235629, August 17, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

flyguy06

I think I see where this is going. Watch what you post on CAPTalk. Could come back to bite you

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 03:56:42 PM
((*sigh*))  Hopefully the "table / postpone" issue doesn't become the "hanging chad" of this election.
And they were wrong about tabling...tabling is not just for the same meeting, a motion to table is indefinite in nature and can be reversed at any time by a motion to take from the table.

flyguy06

CAPSGT

Quote from: NCRblues on August 18, 2011, 03:56:54 PM
Why are we talking about commitment to the outgoing commander....should it not be about the future????

Agreed.  Electing someone because of their commitment to a predecessor takes away from that candidate.  It almost hints that they would merely be a puppet for someone else instead of having their own distinct time in command.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

jeders

Vice CC elections after lunch. $9.95 for soup and a half sandwich, no thanks.

Also, does anyone know what the red and white flag to the immediate left of the podium is, I can't place it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

coudano

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 03:49:32 PM
Col. Karton comment, again about CAPTalk.

He has a printout of the CT discussion, which match the points exactly from the board discussion. 

Five minutes expired before he could respond.

I really don't care very much on any level (seriously) however,

Col Karton does realize, right, that by verifying that the post on captalk WAS the contents of the closed board meeting, *HE* has violated the NDA...

So he has (on the record) violated the NDA in the process of accusing someone else of violating the NDA

*HEADEXPLODE*

CAP_truth

Cadet CoP
Wilson

JeffDG

Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2011, 04:02:02 PM

Also, does anyone know what the red and white flag to the immediate left of the podium is, I can't place it.
Not sure why it's there, but it's the national flag of the Dominion of Canada.

JeffDG

Quote from: coudano on August 18, 2011, 04:02:29 PM
Col Karton does realize, right, that by verifying that the post on captalk WAS the contents of the closed board meeting, *HE* has violated the NDA...

So he has (on the record) violated the NDA in the process of accusing someone else of violating the NDA

*HEADEXPLODE*
Interesting if someone were to refer that for an IG investigation... >:D

jeders

Quote from: JeffDG on August 18, 2011, 04:03:17 PM
Quote from: jeders on August 18, 2011, 04:02:02 PM

Not sure why it's there, but it's the national flag of the Dominion of Canada.

That's what I thought it looked like, but it's draped around, so I'm not sure. Maybe there are some Canadian Air Cadet emissaries at the conference?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Persona non grata

If this is the way CAP is going to be I am not even renewing .  I just dont like  how the politics have been played in the last ten years.  I am a firm believer if you dont like how things are going "leave".  This whole election just seems like a lot of back room deals where made.  Just my opinion.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

NCRblues

You all realize that the COL, who asked Fred about the NDA confirmed that it was what was presented to the board right??

Even though members on here tired to say it was not, and even a member of the BOG denied it, we all, and myself just got lied to by our leaders. Or, should i say your leaders...I'm not sure i want to stay in anymore...

lordmonar

anyone have a link to the post FW made that got so many people upset?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NCRblues

Eclipse

I don't think sour grapes serves anyone, whether in CAP, or in National elections - we see where that gets us.  Day-to-day, who the National CC is has much less effect on the membership than who the Wing Admin is.

I have no specific issue with Gen. Carr, I just don't think he will be the instrument of disruptive change that FW was purporting, and that is what CAP needs, disruptive change.  I perceive that things will be status quo, for all that means.

"That Others May Zoom"

bosshawk

And some of you guys wondered why I left CAP?????????
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2011, 04:18:31 PM
I don't think sour grapes serves anyone, whether in CAP, or in National elections - we see where that gets us.  Day-to-day, who the National CC is has much less effect on the membership than who the Wing Admin is.

I have no specific issue with Gen. Carr, I just don't think he will be the instrument of disruptive change that FW was purporting, and that is what CAP needs, disruptive change.  I perceive that things will be status quo, for all that means.
+1

Even back in the Pineda days.....there was almost zero inpact at the squadron level.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Persona non grata

Unless you were in FLWG!!!!!!!!!!   Trust me there was impact
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........