Excellent quality of video feed at NB / National Board Aug '11

Started by cap235629, August 17, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

cap235629

I am blown away by the EXCELLENT quality of the live video stream of the Communications meeting at the National Board meeting.  Looks like they have finally figured out to do this.  hopefully it will carry over to the main meeting.

BRAVO!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

jeders

Do you have a link to this excellent video?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

a2capt

Quote from: cap235629 on August 17, 2011, 08:47:32 PMIronically the stream is now down.....
Also, the main page for the event actually does not have the link to it. It says "LIVE STREAM" but no link anywhere.
http://www.capmembers.com/events/cap_annual_conference/index.cfm

wuzafuzz

The video feed for the Communicators Meeting was going strong until it suddenly stopped.  It's been down for a while now.

Incidentally, the ICUT sample videos they showed were pretty good.   :)
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Tubacap

Anyone at the conference have info on the ICUT release?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Larry Mangum

We beta tested the ICUT on ICSS staff and students at NESA this year.  Current ACUT and BCUT users will only have to take part 1. Everyone else will need to take part 1 and 2.  There is also a video for part 3, being worked on.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Tubacap on August 18, 2011, 01:26:09 AM
Anyone at the conference have info on the ICUT release?
From DC email discussions concurrent with the video:
"...the videos are done, beta testing of the online system will begin immediately after NB.  Full public release (including materials for local presentation) will occur within 60-90 days."

During the video there was some discussion about reshooting a few video clips to update some procedures.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

CAP_truth

Waiting for live stream to start today currently 0834 local no feed.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

DG

Al Sayre

Business meeting started early.  Streaming up now.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

jeders

I'm surprised there isn't the usual play by play yet.

Taking a break after recognizing incoming/outgoing NB/NEC members and hearing an update on the Congressional Gold Medal. Also, after 17 years, there is an updated CAP commanders guide. Now in recess for 30 minutes, recess called using a small Louisville Slugger.

And finally, I'm LOVING the quality and consistency of the feed this year.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

DG

1036 No Feed

Did they do away with Live Coverage this year?

DG

Can someone post a good link to click on to get to the Live Streaming video coverage of the meeting?

Thanks!

octavian

I clicked the link on the CAP homepage.  The streaming video is working well.

Eclipse

http://www.capmembers.com/live/streaming/

Working fine on my Xoom, only issue is the audio is too low.

"That Others May Zoom"

NCRblues

Can someone please keep those of us who must slave away at work up to date on here?  :-\
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

jeders

Currently discussing agenda item 4 Floor Nomination Transparency. Audio still too low for most mics, but way too high for one mic next to someone clapping.

If 4 passes and a nomination comes from the floor today, elections would be postponed until tomorrow.

Woodsy

Video is great, but the audio engineer is obviously a rookie...  My volume is all the way up and I can make out a single word about every 10 seconds...   Video is worthless without the audio...

Eclipse

Same - I have the volume cranked on my Xoom and had to plug in external speakers to be able to hear.

"That Others May Zoom"