Promoting every month

Started by cadetesman, January 08, 2012, 12:45:38 AM

cadetesman

Hello, I have a simple question. I know one can only promote every month if in JROTC, and if they have been in for 2 years. However, my high school (public) doesn't have JROTC. But on the other hand, it is the number 1 academically rated high school in the state, and number 7 in the nation. I had to apply to go there, and it has a very good amount of students go on to the service academies, which is my plan. My question is, can I legitimately make a case to allow for the ability to promote every month, because of my circumstances. My philosophy is that receiving this outstanding education, and having an IB program along with a ton of AP courses (most in the county), and taking these while being in IB, helps me to be a better cadet, leader, and all around academic individual. It is my opinion that I really have the ability to promote every month, and just need the authorization. CAP has been a great experience thus far, it has helped turn me into an athlete (I used to weigh 190 and had no muscle, now I weigh 145 with muscle, CAP PT tests  were my beginning motivation, now I'm on my school's cross country team, and am maintaining a healthy lifestyle), CAP has helped me become a leader, and CAP has helped me learn more about the USAF and USAF Academy. I feel that I really deserve the once a month ability, and that it could help me become a better leader. Does anyone know of how I could try to appeal this rule because of extraordinary circumstances? I currently promote every two months, and only had one time in which I couldn't, and that was because I wasn't following chain of command properly, and my relearning of that helped me to become a better follower AND leader. I have gone on to be cadet of the month at my squadron twice in a row, and I'm proud to say I just graduated encampment  :). I just really want this ability to promote once a month, and feel my circumstances, and choice to go to the high school that I go to make me worthy of this ability. So, who knows about any way in which I could do this? I have been in CAP since April, have been excelling, and rapidly promoting, and I've earned an ES qualification.

Many Thanks,
C/SrA Anonymous

Eclipse

There is no "way you can do this", you're either in JROTC or you aren't.

The point of the JROTC advanced promotion is the recognition that most cadets participating in both programs are likely ensconced in
paramilitary discipline and understanding more then the average cadet in only one or the other.

The time in between promotions is so that you can actually absorb some of what you are learning and put it into practice.
Also, the first few rounds can be fairly "easy" in the Grande Scheme®, but as you move up they get more challenging, especially in phase II & IV.

It's not a race, it's a journey.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

The reason for the one month progression for JROTC cadets....is because they have already had two years of military leadership training.  They are all older....and there is no reason to keep them in the lower ranks for the same time as a 12 year old newby.

It has nothing to do with how good your school is, what sort of GPA you got.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Ed Bos

Another thing for our hard-charging anonymous friend to consider... If you're truly committed to promoting quickly through the cadet program, the minimum time for the entire program is 38 months.

Stay disciplined and stay on task, and you'll promote quickly, even without the JROTC allowance.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

PA Guy

The other posts are correct.  Your highly rated school doesn't buy you anything in this case.  The cadet program is about sooo much more than checking boxes as fast as you can.  Take some time to practice some of the leadership skills you have learned along the way instead of rushing through as fast as possible.  As Eclipse said it really is a journey not a race.