Main Menu

Safety Rating

Started by 0, August 02, 2007, 07:56:02 PM

Ok, I've taken and passed the course.  Now what am I supposed to do to finish getting my rating?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

arajca

Have you read the Pamphlet? It lists all the requirements you need to complete.

they made an update since the pamphlet. the update is in the new regs so we're having issues figuring out which one to go by.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

IceNine

That is not unusual, go by the CAPP 217 1 July 1992, for the Safety speciality track.

If there was an update to the regs and reading listed in the reg go by the new reg obviously.  And there will be certain tasks that are completely obsolete, just ensure that you document that and place it in your personell file
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mdickinson

I currently serve as a wing director of safety, so I believe I would have heard if there had been a change to the requirements for the specialty track ratings.

I don't think there has been an update to the pamphlet. CAPP 217 is still applicable.

If you haven't read CAPP 217, read it and you will find the requirements for the technician, senior, and master ratings in safety.

IceNine

Don't think thats what he said but thanks for the productive comment!!

There were some changes to the Safety REGULATIONS as he said and that can make things confusing when they make changes to the governing documents but not the supportive pamphlets
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4