Should customs/courtesies and uniform wear be enforced?

Started by JoeTomasone, March 10, 2009, 11:46:37 PM

To what degree should customs/courtesies and uniform wear be enforced?

Not at all. If you wanna play soldier, enlist!
7 (6.4%)
Don't enforce it, it drives mission-capable people away.
0 (0%)
It probably should be done, but if not, no big deal...
4 (3.6%)
Enforce uniforms, but leave the saluting jazz and the "sir" at home.
4 (3.6%)
We should enforce customs and courtesies, but we don't need to enforce proper uniform wear.
1 (0.9%)
We should enforce both because the regs require them.
7 (6.4%)
We should enforce both because we are the Auxiliary of the Air Force and should adopt their standards.
9 (8.2%)
We should enforce both because we are the USAF Auxiliary AND it's in the regs.
78 (70.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: April 09, 2009, 11:46:37 PM

Rob Sherlin

Well, all this "flight suit" stuff seems to be a matter of opinion, considering the regs state nothing about it and is basically up to the unit/squadron commander. I'll ask tonight at my meeting, but I can almost guarantee what the answer's going to be knowing there's several members who have aeronautical ratings, and fly, but don't wear the bags when they're not flying.
  As for a mentor, I'll ask if I need one from another unit/squadron.....unless they're a CFI and they can help me get my wings at a cheaper cost, I don't see why...on the other hand, I don't see where it can hurt...I guess whatever uniform I'm told to wear, that's what I'll wear. And I expect to be corrected if I'm wearing it impoperly, or I'm out of sync. with the custom and courtesy policies.
To fly freely above the earth is the ultimate dream for me in life.....For I do not wish to wait till I pass to earn my wings.

Rob Sherlin SM, NER-NY-116

ßτε

Quote from: PHall on March 20, 2009, 04:55:01 AM
And in some places, like CAWG, you can not fly powered aircraft in anything other then a nomex flight suit.
Exceptions being CN missions where the customer specifically requests "no uniforms'.

I can't seem to be able to find a single current Supplement or OI that states this. Does anyone have the reference for this?

MIKE

Mike Johnston