New Iowa Wing commander Announced

Started by isuhawkeye, December 22, 2007, 04:45:17 AM

ColonelJack

I think the AF people at HQ ended up out the door because of budget concerns.  As for the "Coast Guard" proposal, that was the brainchild of Senator John McCain, who wanted CAP shifted to the Department of Transportation.  (Not the Coast Guard per se, but the Cabinet department that oversees the Coasties.)

That right there is why I can't vote for McCain.  I haven't forgiven him for that insane idea.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

flyguy06

Quote from: ColonelJack on January 17, 2008, 11:09:45 PM
I think the AF people at HQ ended up out the door because of budget concerns.  As for the "Coast Guard" proposal, that was the brainchild of Senator John McCain, who wanted CAP shifted to the Department of Transportation.  (Not the Coast Guard per se, but the Cabinet department that oversees the Coasties.)

That right there is why I can't vote for McCain.  I haven't forgiven him for that insane idea.

Jack

What budget concerns? They were active duty. That Lt. Col is going to get paid Lt.Col pay wheather he is at NHQ CAP or at Hickham AFB.

arajca

The AF budgets for x number of Lt Col's. When the ax starts falling, guess which one gets cut first - the one staffing the CAP NHQ or the one staffing the 123 Fighter Wing HQ?

pixelwonk

With the discussion of CAP-USAF commanders, USAF budgets, Sen McCain and the Coast Guard, it seems like this thread can be wrapped.  If there's a real topic somewhere in the last half dozen or so posts, start a new thread.

Not that you guys are being bad or anything, it's just that time.