Main Menu

Ask MIKE

Started by MIKE, April 12, 2007, 08:03:44 PM

MIKE

It would help if there were questions I could actually comment on.
Mike Johnston

DogCollar

See the question embedded in my previous post.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

LtCol White

Why are asteriods and hemmorroids call that? Shouldn't it be reversed??

;D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: LtCol White on April 13, 2007, 06:34:05 PM
Why are asteriods and hemmorroids call that? Shouldn't it be reversed??

;D

No, sir.  Remember, there's only one "s" in asteroid...  ;D
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

JC004

ok...new one...

What steps should CAP take to better our retention?

LtCol White

Quote from: JC004 on April 13, 2007, 06:37:43 PM
ok...new one...

Coup d'etat
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Major Lord

Okay, here is a real question: Why did they take swords away from Cadet honor (color) guards? Are they prohibited for CAP weddings by Seniors?
( I know that most of you Alabama Seniors had shotgun bearers at your weddings, but this is a different question)

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

LtCol White

Quote from: CaptLord on April 13, 2007, 06:56:25 PM
Okay, here is a real question: Why did they take swords away from Cadet honor (color) guards? Are they prohibited for CAP weddings by Seniors?
( I know that most of you Alabama Seniors had shotgun bearers at your weddings, but this is a different question)

Capt. Lord

Color guards use rifles, not swords.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

JC004

Quote from: LtCol White on April 13, 2007, 06:49:00 PM
ok...new one...

Coup d'etat

HEY!  You aren't MIKE!  But, you're right.  And I think that I will make a good National Commander.  Just remember to put me in when the coup is over.  Warning:  CAP under my generalship will involve a clear vision, comprehensive training, a closer working relationship with the Air Force, and a simplification of uniforms.  Also, a chicken in every pot and maybe a .50 BMG on every ground team (the .50 cals are just for fun).   >:D

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on April 13, 2007, 07:03:06 PM
ok...new one...

Coup d'etat

HEY!  You aren't MIKE!  But, you're right.  And I think that I will make a good National Commander.  Just remember to put me in when the coup is over.  Warning:  CAP under my generalship will involve a clear vision, comprehensive training, a closer working relationship with the Air Force, and a simplification of uniforms.  Also, a chicken in every pot and maybe a .50 BMG on every ground team (the .50 cals are just for fun).   >:D

Where do I sign to join in on your revolution?
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 13, 2007, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 13, 2007, 07:03:06 PM
ok...new one...

Coup d'etat

Where do I sign to join in on your revolution?

I signed you up back in June.

Major Lord

As a Ground Team Leader, I object to arming ground teams with .50 Cal Brownings-way to heavy! Just a SAW and a few grenades would be fine.

Capt. Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

LtCol White

M-4's a nice and light
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

NYWG Historian

Quote from: CaptLord on April 13, 2007, 06:56:25 PM

Actually, I walked under crossed swords while I was Group CC--cadets from each of my cadet units participated.  I returned the favor by organizing the same for a good friend last summer.  The Wing CC was present at my wedding (and I had asked him in advance about the swords--no problem).  (NOTE:  For most churches, the bigger issue is swords (arms) INSIDE the church--a no-no--check with your religious professional.)

http://www.phoenixsqdn.net/activities/wedding_november_2001.html
Peter J. Turecek, Major, CAP
Historian
New York Wing

Rangersigo

Should I renew my membership?

JC004

Quote from: CaptLord on April 13, 2007, 07:59:45 PM
As a Ground Team Leader, I object to arming ground teams with .50 Cal Brownings-way to heavy! Just a SAW and a few grenades would be fine.

OK, point taken (although I did offer pack mules).  We can go with SAWs and some nice grenades.  Maybe some grenade launchers.

Quote from: LtCol White on April 13, 2007, 08:18:47 PM
M-4's a nice and light

Well, yes, but much less fun.  As much fun as I have with the AR-15...

Quote from: Rangersigo on April 13, 2007, 09:32:29 PM

I propose this question be referred to KnowledgeBase.  MIKE?

Lancer

1. Who put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp?

2. Who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?

3. Who put the bop in the bop-she-bop-she-bop?

4. Who put the dip in the dib-de-dip-de-dip?

;D

fyrfitrmedic

Shuzan held out his short staff and said, "If you call this a short staff, you oppose its reality. If you do not call it a short staff, you ignore the fact. Now what do you wish to call this?"

At high noon
or in the dark moonless night there is a light.
Can you see it?
And, by the way, who are you?

Yamaoka Tesshu, as a young student of Zen, visited one master after another. He called upon Dokuon of Shokoku.

Desiring to show his attainment, he said: "The mind, Buddha, and sentient beings, after all, do not exist. The true nature of phenomena is emptiness. There is no realization, no delusion, no sage, no mediocrity. There is no giving and nothing to be received."

Dokuon, who was smoking quietly, said nothing. Suddenly he whacked Yamaoka with his bamboo pipe. This made the youth quite angry.

"If nothing exists," inquired Dokuon, "where did this anger come from?"

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

MIKE

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Quote from: JC004 on April 13, 2007, 10:14:11 PM
Quote from: Rangersigo on April 13, 2007, 09:32:29 PM

I propose this question be referred to KnowledgeBase.  MIKE?

Renewing is a lot easier than quiting outright and then deciding you want to come back later on only to find that you have to start over from the beginning.  Might consider transferring to Patron to save some coin.
Mike Johnston