Yes
31 (27.9%)
No
71 (64%)
Mayby (Yes and No)
9 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 111

PaulR

That was the word I was looking for.  Thank you.  I sat on that post for about 20 mins, while waiting on a more appropropirate word.

JK657

Quote from: CyBorg on March 26, 2011, 08:13:54 AM
I would say that we are "appointed" rather than "commissioned."

ap·point·ed–adjective
by, through, or as a result of an appointment  (often in contrast with elected ): an appointed official.
predetermined; arranged; set: They met at the appointed time in the appointed place.
provided with what is necessary; equipped; furnished: a beautifully appointed office.

com·mis·sion 
–noun
the act of committing  or giving in charge.
an authoritative order, charge, or direction.
authority granted for a particular action or function.
a document granting such authority.
a document conferring authority issued by the president of the U.S. to officers in the army, Navy, and other military services, and by state governments to justices of the peace and others.
the power thus granted.
the position or rank of an officer in any of the armed forces.
a group of persons authoritatively charged with particular functions: a parks commission.
the condition of being placed under special authoritative responsibility or charge.
a task or matter committed  to one's charge; official assignment: The architect received a commission to design an office building.
the act of committing  or perpetrating a crime, error, etc.: The commission of a misdemeanor is punishable by law.
something that is committed.
authority to act as agent for another or others in commercial transactions.
a sum or percentage allowed to agents, sales representatives, etc., for their services: to work on a 20 percent commission.

Flymetothemoon

CAP is a civilian auxiliary of a military organization.

- CAP members are not subject to the UCMJ, even when engaged in an Air Force commissioned mission.
- CAP members do not receive VA benefits (from their service with CAP).
- CAP pilots must have a FFA license.  Military pilots do not need a license from the FAA.
- Members of the US armed forces are not required to render military courtesies to CAP members.
- Senior members are not commissioned as officers of the United States.

sarmed1

Quote from: Flymetothemoon on April 02, 2011, 10:18:31 PM
CAP is a civilian auxiliary of a military organization.

- CAP members are not subject to the UCMJ, even when engaged in an Air Force commissioned mission.
- CAP members do not receive VA benefits (from their service with CAP).
- CAP pilots must have a FFA license.  Military pilots do not need a license from the FAA.
- Members of the US armed forces are not required to render military courtesies to CAP members.
- Senior members are not commissioned as officers of the United States.

So is a civilian Employee of the Air Force Part of the military or not part of the military?  Yes they are not a military member but they are part of the military I would say.
(they work for the USAF....ie funding for their salary comes out of the USAF budget, they are performing a job for the USAF, they likely report to a USAF member, they might even supervise USAF personnel, they work at a USAF facility and I bet they say "Good morinig, 355th fighter wing operations Mr Smith how can I help you?"  when they answer the phone.)

Your examples place CAP member as not a military member, but that doesnt immediately disqualifiy them as part of the military.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

SII-117

If you look at the "big chain" (USAF chain of command), then CAP is technically on the list as part of the USAF, but we are to the side a bit.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.