How do you make an official CAP email?

Started by Picy3, November 28, 2018, 10:01:32 PM

Picy3

I know having an official CAP email (Don't know if there is a proper name for it) is something that is important especially later on and I have been trying to get one. A while ago I was directed by a senior member (Because I was denied going into a google group without one) to get one on spiceworks however I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do or how to do it. I have searched over the Internet a bit and still have found nothing.

If someone who has done it could direct me as to how to do it or simply give some helpful input that would be great.
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

Pace

Unrelated to the OP, I actually have the same question. I need it for CD missions. Thoughts?
Lt Col, CAP

abdsp51

Check with your wing IT folks.  Here in CAWG we all have CAWG CAP email addresses provided by the wing. 

AdAstra

Your Washington Wing website has a lot of resources for you, including these instructions how to sign up for a WAWG email account and mail lists: http://www.wawg.cap.gov/wing-staff/information-technology
Charles Wiest

Pace

So it is wing based? I was hoping there was a way to get a @cap.gov address.
Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

It's per wing.

@cap.gov is for National volunteer staff.  @capnhq.gov is national paid staff.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pace

Lt Col, CAP

NIN

cap.gov email addresses are not solely the province of the National Staff, but thats probably not a bad generalization.

Many (not all) wings have cap.gov emails (ie. xxwg.cap.gov) for members to use. Some wings (ie. mine) don't give cadets a .gov account until they're doing things like emergency services (and thus have an operational need for access to things in Google Apps system) or they're working on wing-wide things as a Phase III/IV cadet. That varies by wing.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

NVWG gives out NVWG.cap.gov e-mails to staff and NVWG.cap.com e-mails to everyone else in the wing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

Older CAWG emails are xxx@cawg.cap.gov. Newer ones are xxx@cawgcap.org. Both are considered "official".
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

chuckmilam

We are "One CAP." Wouldn't it be nice if we had one consistent CAP domain name?

Luis R. Ramos

We are "one CAP." But we also have many uniforms.

I guess this is consistency a la CAP.

One CAP but many uniforms. One CAP but many domains. One CAP but many...

What else can you add to the "many..." there?

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

OldGuy

I have a wawg.cap.gov email for routine business, a .org for fundraising and development work.

N6RVT

Quote from: SarDragon on November 29, 2018, 10:23:55 AM
Older CAWG emails are xxx@cawg.cap.gov. Newer ones are xxx@cawgcap.org. Both are considered "official".

The first is the official government address you only get if you need it.  The second is the office365 address everyone in the wing gets.    The .cawg.cap.gov is just an alias to the latter, at least in California, and you can use either one, thought he .gov is the default if you have it.

JeffDG

TNWG automatically provisions @tncap.us addresses, which are actually aliases for @tnwg.cap.gov addresses.  Info on access is available at: http://www.tncap.us/login-training