Where are you at with Professional Development?

Started by Pylon, April 05, 2005, 11:32:04 PM

Where are you at with your Professional Development?

Pre-Level I
0 (0%)
Level I
11 (28.9%)
Level II
8 (21.1%)
Level III
7 (18.4%)
Level IV
9 (23.7%)
Level V
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

JaL5597

Quote from: Nukem on April 08, 2005, 03:19:05 PM
I gave up on wing, and just downloaded the slides and modified / updated them for my unit and gave the class myself.

I am on wing staff so I keep asking people about it.  I found out that the DCP needs to instruct it for his Master Rating.  I guess its just a matter of seeing how much time it takes and getting him to finally agree to doing it. 

Camas

One of the big challenges in wing-level professional development is finding people who are willing to step up to the plate and serve as course directors of both SLS and CLC.
   We've been lucky in our wing in the last year or so but it hasn't always been that way.  The wing DCP's basic responsibility is to ensure that these courses take place; he or she isn't necessarily required to be the course director.  Moreover, as most of our forum readers know, you need to either serve as an instructor or director for both Level IV and Level V.
  If you need the training, let your wing DPD know.  If you're interested in assisting in putting on the course; same thing.  Bottom line, people need to accept responsibilities as both course instructors and course directors.

abysmal

Quote from: Camas on June 03, 2005, 09:43:23 PM
  One of the big challenges in wing-level professional development is finding people who are willing to step up to the plate and serve as course directors of both SLS and CLC.
   We've been lucky in our wing in the last year or so but it hasn't always been that way.  The wing DCP's basic responsibility is to ensure that these courses take place; he or she isn't necessarily required to be the course director.  Moreover, as most of our forum readers know, you need to either serve as an instructor or director for both Level IV and Level V.
  If you need the training, let your wing DCP know.  If you're interested in assisting in putting on the course; same thing.  Bottom line, people need to accept responsibilities as both course instructors and course directors.

I will say this much, the people that put on the SLS I just went to were MORE than eager to invite anyone who wanted to come back next year to serve on staff and help out. It should be no problem at all for someone who wants to meet that criterea to get an opportunity to instruct at one of these course. They were begging for help!
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

biZarre

I had a very positive experience being a co-director for a SLS a couple of years ago.  Two squadrons joined forces, with permission from the wing director of professional development, which gave us a large pool of members to serve as instructors.  It was good to have a variety of instructor, so the students were not locked in the same room with the same person all day. 

Natl Hq makes hosting the course easy, since the classes, handouts, and format are prepackaged, making course planning easy.  Although we almost ran short of graduation certificates, but were saved by a pervious director who has a small supply.

So with the director duties complete, and a short vacation in Alabama, (NSC), I was able to complete Level V in just under six years.  Just in time too, since I was able to complete the levels before getting married.  Now my week long CAP activities are a bit more complicated to schedule.  All in good time though.
Doug Kilian, Lt Col, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs
Minnesota Wing

Westernslope

Quote from: Major_Chuck on April 06, 2005, 04:31:16 PM
I just need to complete National Staff College and I'm finished.

Me too......maybe I will see you in October!

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on June 18, 2005, 04:05:28 AM
Quote from: Major_Chuck on April 06, 2005, 04:31:16 PM
I just need to complete National Staff College and I'm finished.

Me too......maybe I will see you in October!

Probably will.  National has my registration, all I need to do is send them some $$$ to make it official.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard