Where do I find these avatars?

Started by ♠SARKID♠, August 22, 2007, 03:26:17 AM

♠SARKID♠

I've seen these CAP avatars all over the place but I cant find where they come from!

Examples--

floridacyclist, I couldnt find them on that site you sent me!

isuhawkeye

They come form an old web page called the Civil Air Portal.  they were made for individuals by a photoshop expert who cares deeply about CAP, and its volunteers. 

♠SARKID♠

Do you know who it was, or how to contact them?

JC004

It was the famous Tedda.  I believe he has retired from the avatar business.  You could, however, steal one from the collection and absolutely mutilate it in MS Paint like everyone else does.

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: JC004 on August 22, 2007, 06:12:17 PM
It was the famous Tedda.  I believe he has retired from the avatar business.  You could, however, steal one from the collection and absolutely mutilate it in MS Paint like everyone else does.

I actually considered doing something like that... only for about .025 seconds. I suck with image manipulation and, well, I can't figure out how to make stripes fit on those tiny sleeves. Not to mention, I don't like to steal other peoples work, especially if they can find out ;D.

pixelwonk

jimmydeanno

Don't worry about them...I made you one  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 22, 2007, 06:21:59 PM

I actually considered doing something like that... only for about .025 seconds. I suck with image manipulation and, well, I can't figure out how to make stripes fit on those tiny sleeves. Not to mention, I don't like to steal other peoples work, especially if they can find out ;D.

Didn't seem to stop some folks from slaughtering them.   ;)

I did help a couple of people mod some very slightly, but only a certified Photoshop master could do the work like Tedda did. 

Sgt. Savage

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on August 22, 2007, 06:21:59 PM
I suck with image manipulation and, well, I can't figure out how to make stripes fit on those tiny sleeves. Not to mention, I don't like to steal other peoples work, especially if they can find out ;D.

It's all true. I don't use MS paint, I use Paint.net 3.10 beta. A little better but not great. If you saw my ES badge thread, you know I can't produce miracles, I'm just good enough to get the point across. Hats off to Tedda... twice the artist I'll ever be.

davedove

David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

JC004

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 22, 2007, 06:28:57 PM

Don't worry about them...I made you one  >:D

That cadet has silver braid on its hat.

floridacyclist

Quote from: davedove on August 22, 2007, 07:22:31 PM
I tried a quick modification:

Wow..from what I recall from meeting you, that actually does look kind of like you LOL
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

JC004

::sigh::

Tedda is going to cry.   :'(

davedove

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 22, 2007, 07:30:52 PM
Quote from: davedove on August 22, 2007, 07:22:31 PM
I tried a quick modification:

Wow..from what I recall from meeting you, that actually does look kind of like you LOL

Yeah, except you can't see my "horseshoe" hair in this. :D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

♠SARKID♠

Hey hey, found a bunch on a previous thread.  Someone was asking the same question as me.  I stole one and modded it to fit my uniform.  Had to get rid of pilots wings, and replace captain's bars with MSgt insignia.

shorning

Quote from: SARKID on August 23, 2007, 07:23:46 AM
I stole one and modded it to fit my uniform.

I wonder how that fits out core values...

♠SARKID♠

I wonder how that fits out core values...

Values shmalues.

Skyray

Quote from: SARKID on August 23, 2007, 04:44:42 PM
I wonder how that fits our core values...

Values shmalues.

Not a valid response, Cadet.  Some of us take those values very seriously.  I am about to get blasted by the very guy that would have to give you permission to "steal" that avatar, but my advice to the now discredited National Commander that he lacked integrity and was not fit for command was the beginning of my well documented problems with the Civil Air Patrol.  It is not very satisfying to be proved right, seeing the damage that has been done to the organization.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

♠SARKID♠

Not a valid response, Cadet.  Some of us take those values very seriously.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound how it did.  I value them highly too.  Its the values that make CAP an upstanding organization, and allow the public and other agencies to put trust in us and our abilities.  I was trying to make a joke, but we'll chalk that one up to another failed attempt at humor.

LtCol White

Quote from: SARKID on August 23, 2007, 05:10:21 PM
Not a valid response, Cadet.  Some of us take those values very seriously.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound how it did.  I value them highly too.  Its the values that make CAP an upstanding organization, and allow the public and other agencies to put trust in us and our abilities.  I was trying to make a joke, but we'll chalk that one up to another failed attempt at humor.

Your last comment was taken as a joke as it was intended. Don't worry about it
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.