Main Menu

The leadership game

Started by Mavvrikk, July 27, 2011, 01:58:47 AM

Mavvrikk

Our squadron has this game,you have to guide someone around the room using commands coded as colors,animals, ETC. I was down at the end trying to direct someone and it pretty much went like this.
P.S. everytime you say a command not the correct code,you have to wait 20 seconds.

(She starts going diagnal)
UH *glances at paper with commands* Sparrow (Stop)
Lion (left)
Goat (go)
(about to hit something) uh,uh,uh,um,STOP! (20 seconds)
(Jeopardy song)
Lion
Goat (Tech sargeant starts to move infront of her)
(looks at paper) Uh RAT! (reverse,and right into a previous obstacle)

So it pretty much went like that,me getting more and more confused... haha

Spaceman3750

May I ask what the desired outcome of playing this game is? For example, why confuse people with the strange commands instead of letting people say stop, go, left, right, and CLIF!!! (where applicable).

Mavvrikk

Help us in being able to work in confusing environments,trusting other cadets [if your blindfolded] and so on,its pretty fun though.

DC

It's supposed to force cadets to come up with effective communication strategies. Usually they are told what they cannot do (usually speak), and have to devise some way to tell their person what to do.

Forcing the cadets to use made up commands defeats the purpose, which is to make them think and adapt.

NCRblues

I have used the survivor style game of this.

I blindfold 5 cadets and place them on a (safe) obstacle course. One cadet, normally a younger cadet, gets to yell out commands to all 5 on the course and try to  get them to a predetermined destination or pick up a flag so forth and so on.

Makes those younger cadets really think about how orders are interpreted by others as well as "mass" command and control.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

FARRIER

Some airlines use this style of training as part of their ground based training for flight crews and aircraft dispatchers. Its more for teaching communication, especially when one is in Dispatch/Systems Operations Control and one is in the cockpit or when both are communicating with station personnel. Its funny to see how simple instructions, such as drawing the basic drawing of a house, can be misinterpreted when you are not facing each other to give visual cues. This and other similar types of training, can be useful, when done properly.
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace