Main Menu

You know you are a CAP cadet if...

Started by titanII, January 26, 2011, 02:53:10 AM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 27, 2011, 06:30:29 PM
6.  When you crash while playing a flight simulator, you don't reset, instead, you wait for the GT to arrive.

WIWAC I actually did that once ;D.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 27, 2011, 06:30:29 PM
1.  When walking down the street, you starting hearing "Left, left, left" in your head.

2.  When asked how you are doing today, you answer "Outstanding!" automatically.

3.  When your mom tells you to have a good day, you answer, "Hooah".

4.  Mom understands not only what that means, but why you said it.

5.  Your birthday wish list starts with "New Molle gear!".

6.  When you crash while playing a flight simulator, you don't reset, instead, you wait for the GT to arrive.

Hahaha I do 1 2 and 5

jeders

You know you are a (former) CAP cadet if...

You've seen this thread at least a half dozen times and still post in new ones.

You know who spacedog is.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Dad2-4

When you hear the National Anthem, Call to Colors, or Taps you look for the pole or where it's coming from and stand at attention.
You always stand at attention when the colors are presented at any sporting event.
Shiny insignia catches your eye like a shiny object to a raven.
You can identify the rank insignia of all US Armed Forces, CAP, and most JROTC.
You know cool acronyms like OPSEC, MAJCOM, NCSA, NESA, NCOIC, etc.
You know the phonetic alphabet.

SarDragon

Quote from: Dad2-4 on January 29, 2011, 04:55:12 AM
When you hear the National Anthem, Call to Colors, or Taps you look for the pole or where it's coming from and stand at attention.
You always stand at attention when the colors are presented at any sporting event.
Shiny insignia catches your eye like a shiny object to a raven.
You can identify the rank insignia of all US Armed Forces, CAP, and most JROTC.
You know cool acronyms like OPSEC, MAJCOM, NCSA, NESA, NCOIC, etc.
You know the phonetic alphabet.

Most of these behaviours extend beyond being a CAP member.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, Xray, Yankee, and Zulu. Now I know myy Phonetic alphabet, next time won't you sing with me?
You know your a CAP cadet if you sing cadences or jodies when you run at gym.

Fly Boy

You spell out acronyms with the phonetic alphabet. (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Charlie Foxtrot, just a few of what I use ;D)

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

HGjunkie

You know you're a CAP Cadet when every time you see a white van you look for CAP markings automatically.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

GTCommando

C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

manfredvonrichthofen

You know you are a CAP cadet if you spend more time on CAPTalk than you do on your homework. That's right, I know your math and English aren't done. Shut your computer off, and stop with the loling OMGing and all your other FaceBookisms and get to studying.  >:D

GTCommando

^I'm home schooled. My whole day is filled with homework.  >:D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

SABRE17

1. Your girlfriend doesn't want to be seen with you when you wear your gore-tex
2. Your CAP Id is above your drivers license in your wallet
3. Your flight instructor has never had to teach you the phonetic alphabet
4. You've accidentally used "over" in ATC communications
5. You chose a SAREX over Homecoming
6. You've canceled a full day with your girlfriend to hunt for an ELT
7. You taught the cast in your High school Musical how to march in time, (true story, we're doing the sound of music this year)
8. You see a plane land and tune your scanner to 121.5 to see if his ELT went off
9. People ask what you do in your free time and you make up something besides "shining my boots" or "ironing my uniform" <- they wont understand
10. CAPTALK has been distracting you from your calculus homework for the last 15 minutes :D

Spaceman3750

This is something I realized and isn't exclusive to cadets:

There's no more room in your trunk because that's where you keep your ground team gear so you have it ready wherever you are.

commando1

^happens to my truck all the time.  :D You know you are a CAP Cadet when you don't have much of a life outside of CAP. You don't watch TV shows about plane wrecks anymore because you know to much about it. The local park rangers know who you are because you have done so much training there.  Here is another one I just thought of, you know you have been in CAP way to long if 90% of your pictures on Myspace/Facebook are of you in uniform doing drill, SAR or just chillin'. Extra points if your profile picture is in uniform.   8)
Non Timebo Mala

AngelWings

You know your a CAP cadet if you:
1.Can tell the class what service somebody is in by finding the service tape on their BDU's.(Last year, my ELA class was watching some TV Show, and the teacher paused it so everyone could guess who was causing all these weird things to happen and/or recording them. After a second, I saw a US Army service tape, and proceeded to tell the class that it was the US Army.)
2.Your most tramatic experience involves CAP. Mine was falling off the back of a John Deer Gator at night, and almost loosing my PC, Flashlight, and radio that was given to me
3.On other forums, you constantly boast about all the interesting stuff you collected or have done from CAP
4.You do your school chopping on USCAV. Anything you might want in about 3 months you buy from Vanguard
5.You report to the princible when you walk into the princables office
6.You accidently yell in your teachers face when they ask you to do something
7.You know military time off the top of your head and repeatedly confuse kids with it.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Littleguy on January 30, 2011, 09:43:41 PM
5.You report to the principal when you walk into the principal's office

I would almost pay money to see that.

Fly Boy

You know if your CAP cadet if:
Most of your Christmas/Birthday wish list is new CAP uniform items.
You have cadences on your IPOD/MP3 Player

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

HGjunkie

Quote from: Fly Boy

Guilty.  8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

nesagsar

Quote from: HGjunkie on February 04, 2011, 03:13:17 AM

Guilty.  8)

Me too.  ::)

AngelWings

Quote from: HGjunkie on February 04, 2011, 03:13:17 AM

Guilty.  8)
Lucky! I wasted all of my MP3 money on buying U2 songs. Should have thought it through  :(