Blue Lightweight Jacket in Civilian clothes

Started by ASLFirefighter, September 05, 2018, 09:39:02 PM

Fubar

Quote from: Eclipse on September 07, 2018, 12:57:39 PM1 - CAP members can have the Corporate Seal embroidered on the BLJ if they so choose.

I completely forgot about seeing a photo of two guys wearing jackets with the seal on it until your comment here. It looks so atrociously bad, I thought there's no way that's authorized.

But lookie here:

Quote from: CAPM 39-16.1.3.3. The CAP Corporate Seal may be embroidered at the member's expense on the left
breast of the jacket. The seal will be 2 5/8 inches in diameter, and represented in while thread using DOD
Heraldic Yarn for Embroidery and Ribbon, Bale #HA White 6101, with a stiff tear-off backing and a total
stitch count of 8,400 stitches minimum. The center point of the seal will be used to center the seal
vertically between the shoulder seam and where the underarm seam joins the armhole sleeve, and
centered horizontally between the center zipper and the sleeve armhole seam.

I don't have the photo handy (and I wouldn't want to "out" the two gentlemen anyway), but I feel like maybe they got the size wrong because the seal looked a heck of a lot bigger than 3" in diameter. In fact I think it was size of the pluto patch.

But it was hideous.