Main Menu

Resumes/CVs in CAP

Started by kcebnaes, March 03, 2020, 02:44:57 PM

kcebnaes

I was only able to find a small thread from 2008 on the topic, so I'm creating a new one.

Does anyone know if there is a standard way to create a CAP focused resume or CV? Something to hand in at a CAP job interview or for a formal promotion board? I'm currently in the process, and realized that my only "CAP resume" was from when I was a 2d Lt applying for a class of some sort. I had very little guidance then (along with very little in the way of quals/training.)

Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Paul Creed III

Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

kcebnaes

You're my hero. Many thanks!
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Various Other Things™

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

I prefer the format that Eclipse provided, both visually and because it standardizes what cadets are expected to use in their Staff Duty Analyses.

I ache and groan when I see emails go out for Encampment staffs or other activities where they reference anything other than the SDA resume format. Kill two birds with one stone. Just use what's already out there as guidance, and re-use it for the grade.

kcebnaes

I like the SDA format too, but is that what the "powers that be" (like NHQ or other) look for? Or would a more military type be more appropriate?

(This is for an NHQ spot, if that helps.)
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Various Other Things™

Blanding

Quote from: kcebnaes on March 03, 2020, 03:57:17 PMI like the SDA format too, but is that what the "powers that be" (like NHQ or other) look for? Or would a more military type be more appropriate?

(This is for an NHQ spot, if that helps.)

Submit your resume in whatever format it's in as long as it conveys your experience; especially if the details of the job didn't specify a requirement!