Main Menu

How do you get promoted

Started by Cadet Bonnett, June 22, 2005, 12:56:07 AM

Cadet Bonnett

How can someone get promoted. One or 2 people have in my squadron and i don't understand how.
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

whatevah

ask your flight sergeant or flight commander. really, that's who you should ask questions about CAP, it's their job to help the cadets.

I'll give a general answer, though.

To be promoted, you usually have to complete one or two written tests, a phsyical test, and sometimes a basic drill test.  The information on the written tests come from the Leadership manual, or from the Aerospace modules (which you should be studying for a minimum of one hour a week).   After you've completed the testing requirements, and if you've have the minimum time between promotions (usually 2 months), then you can be promoted.

Once again, though... talk to your flight staff members, they'll be able to tell you all the specifics of how your squadron does things.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 22, 2005, 12:56:07 AM
How can someone get promoted. One or 2 people have in my squadron and i don't understand how.

As a cadet your promotions are based upon your performance and completion of the various achievement levels within the cadet program.  Test scores, physical fitness scores, participation, etc.

Seniors have a progression track as well but I won't bore you with the details of it.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

arajca

Quote from: Major_Chuck on June 22, 2005, 02:37:07 AM
Seniors have a progression track as well but I won't bore you with the details of it.
Bore? How about 'confuse'? ;D

Pylon

Quote from: arajca on June 22, 2005, 12:53:14 PM
Quote from: Major_Chuck on June 22, 2005, 02:37:07 AM
Bore? How about 'confuse'? ;D

Yeah, most of us don't even understand it half of the time.   ::) ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

abysmal

Thats it, WE should all go talk to OUR flight Sergents and let them get us squared away!!  ;)
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona