NEC Meeting, Air Force Control..

Started by abysmal, May 25, 2005, 01:00:29 AM

BillB

A friend of mine who is a LtCol (as I am) had discussed demoting all field grade officers to captain and everyone else to first or second lieutenant, and adding some significant requirements for re-promotion.

Only problem I see with this being, I went through the "old" program which required ECI 2 (later watered down as ECI 13), SOS, Command and Staff College, Industrial College of the Armed Forces (now National Defense University) and Air War College. Plus National Staff College and the rest of the requirements for level 5. So what requirements would you need to re-earn the rank of LtCol? I was even a cadet under the antique cadet program where all you could earn was the Cadet COP with various clasps equivlant to todays Spaatz. So what would I have to do to re-earn my rank of LtCol?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

nfx500

QuoteSo what would I have to do to re-earn my rank of LtCol?

I don't know.  We could have a lot of us greybeards around to figure it out.

John
LtCol John J. Higgins, Jr.

16 years a Sq Cmdr, 3 yrs a Group Cmdr, 2.5 years Wing Dir of CP, Other wing/reg staff positions

Currently taking a break

shorning

Quote from: tedda on May 25, 2005, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: abysmal on May 25, 2005, 11:24:43 PM
Quote from: tedda on May 25, 2005, 11:07:47 PM
Because the controversial security background checks (AKA: SF86) added substantially to the usual attrition, the Aux lost that many members.  About 20%.

I wonder how many of them woudn't have passed???

not passed because of a criminal background?  not many at all. 

But when you take a look at what the SF86 delves into... you have to wonder if being a volunteer and paying your own way is worth it.

Hmmmm....I've filled out an SF86 several time for my job.  I work with sensitive information.  My wife also had to fill out an SF86 for her job.  She doesn't deal with classified information at all.  Hers was for a National Agency Check. 

The SF86 is the document used to collect information.  The level to which investigators dig depends on the clearance needed.  For me, they break out the microscope.  However, for many others they only do a National Agency Check.  And a National Agency Check is what most people get done when the enter the military.